Windows 10: I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

Discus and support I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been seeing a large opaque grid across my screen. It is 9 squares with a number from1 to 9 in each square. From my research, I should start by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by salagloria, Nov 20, 2019.

1. I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

I have been seeing a large opaque grid across my screen. It is 9 squares with a number from1 to 9 in each square.

From my research, I should start by going to the graphics card. I cannot find the graphics card on my system.

:)

salagloria, Nov 20, 2019

2. Cant find graphics card on device manager!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message while playing or to launch a game?

I suggest you to unhide the hidden drivers in Device Manager by following the steps provided below and check if the Graphic card driver is visible:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 20, 2019
  4. I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

1. I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list - Similar Threads - cannot find graphics

2. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  3. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...: Hello, I did a restore point before but when I restore it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstall-my-graphics-card-in-the-device-manager/7a10236d-26ce-4f0c-8558-dd4fc5cabdab
  4. I uninstall my graphics card in the device manager and I want to review my graphics card in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Graphics card not detected in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not detected in device manager: Hi, my graphics card is not detected in device manager post upgrade to Windows 11, and is thus replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", resulting in a decreased performance and far more lag. How would I circumvent this, for simply clicking "show hidden devices" and...
  6. Graphics card not detected in device manager

Graphics card not detected in device manager: Hi, my graphics card is not detected in device manager post upgrade to Windows 11, and is thus replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", resulting in a decreased performance and far more lag. How would I circumvent this, for simply clicking "show hidden devices" and...
  7. I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager

I uninstalled my graphics card from my laptop in device manager: As the topic suggests, I uninstalled my graphics card in device manager. This happened due to my Nvidia GeForce not working, my computer was acting slow when doing things like, watching a stream, watching a video or playing video games. I updated my Nvidia GeForce but it...
  8. All my graphic cards are not detected by device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my graphic cards are not detected by device manager: I have two graphics cards, intel and amd being the renderer. After downgrading from 20H1 to 1909 all my graphics cards disappeared showing only microsoft basic display, i tried reinstalling the amd driver but the laptop freezes afterwards, went into safe mode to found out the...
  9. Device Manager not finding wifi card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device Manager not finding wifi card: I was trying to uninstall and reinstall a tp link wifi card from device manager and I followed the steps of uninstalling it and then proceeded to turn off my computer. When I rebooted, my wifi card wasn't showing up in network adapters. I have tried multiple things such as...
  10. I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list.: Hi Guys, I cannot find my 3.5mm mic on device list. (yes it is working on other pc's) I checked if it is disabled but no, its not there too. I reinstalled sound drivers, but nothing changed. I tried discovering new hardware on device manager that didn't work also. What I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find nvidia in device manager

2. cannot findgraphics card in device manager

3. which video card i have windows 10