Windows 10: I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

Discus and support I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need help. My WiFi router appears on all my devices except for one of my laptops. The same laptop can see all the other wifi routers nearby except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by killahurtz, Aug 5, 2019.

1. I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

I need help. My WiFi router appears on all my devices except for one of my laptops. The same laptop can see all the other wifi routers nearby except mine. What is the problem? I tried rebooting the laptop and the router. Is there something in the setting blocking my router?

:)

killahurtz, Aug 5, 2019

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Aug 5, 2019
  4. CJCerny Win User

I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

Router for wifi at a Restaurant

I would spend the money to get a decent router that can securely segment your father's laptop connection from the public wifi and get a WAP for each. Sonicwall makes a good product like this. At some point, the diner will have some gear that uses an Internet connection and you'll be mighty glad that gear can't be accessed by anyone using the public wifi.

CJCerny, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

1. I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby - Similar Threads - cannot find WiFi

2. My laptop cannot recognize the wifi router in the office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop cannot recognize the wifi router in the office.: The password was changed for the router and now my laptop does not see that router in the wifi available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cannot-recognize-the-wifi-router-in-the/347f6d3b-f50f-48bc-b934-c0b3a4d0d577
  3. My laptop cannot recognize the wifi router in the office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop cannot recognize the wifi router in the office.: The password was changed for the router and now my laptop does not see that router in the wifi available networks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cannot-recognize-the-wifi-router-in-the/347f6d3b-f50f-48bc-b934-c0b3a4d0d577
  4. Routers without WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Routers without WiFi: Hi everyone! I work at a small business and finally getting a fibre-optic connection after many decades of near dial-up speed internet. I love using access-points for WiFi as that's what I use at my house (Ubiquiti ac-pro the best i've ever had) and my cable modem router to...
  5. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  6. Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router

Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router: How to share my Internet to Router? I've Internet connection with JioFi Reliance, India wifi dongle via "TP-Link" USB dongle at my computer Win_10. I want to share Internet to a router D-Link DWR-116 to increase to WiFi signal. Can anyone help...?...
  7. Win10 not seeing Asus Wifi Router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not seeing Asus Wifi Router: All my other devices can see the router: win8, android devices, ios devices except for the Windows 10 machine. All the other wifi networks are seen by my Windows 10 machine but asus wifi router. It's possible to be a problem between win 10 and asus wifi router?...
  8. Securing WIFI router

Securing WIFI router: My wifi router is not secure from others using. How do I secure my WIFI router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi-router/5b669316-84a4-40c5-bcc6-804a63619872
  9. wifi router

wifi router: I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260...
  10. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...