Windows 10: I cannot find ports in device manager

Discus and support I cannot find ports in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need a port to connect my weaving loom software to my AVL loom. On this computer, Lenovo ideapad 320 windows 10 the device manager does not list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaO'Day, Mar 22, 2019.

1. LisaO'Day Win User

I cannot find ports in device manager

I need a port to connect my weaving loom software to my AVL loom. On this computer, Lenovo ideapad 320 windows 10 the device manager does not list ports. All coms on my portchecker show unavailable. please help.

how do I find a port?

:)

LisaO'Day, Mar 22, 2019

2. port COM and LPT in the Devices Manager are not appearing

Hi Luis,

I suggest you follow the steps to check for hidden devices, and check if it helps.

1.Press Windows + X and click on Device Manager.

2.Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.

3. Expand the Ports under device manager. Uninstall any entries which appear grayed out, then restart.

4. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue persists, then I recommend you to install the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Com Port is Missing / Ports Option Not Available In Device Manager

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

COM port should be listed in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT).

See if you can find them. If they're not listed in the Device Manager, you can try these suggestions to see what’s preventing the ports from getting displayed in device manager.

Method 1: Check for hidden devices as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.
    Method 2: Install the latest drivers for your motherboard. See if this proves to be of any help.

Device manufacturers often release updates to their drivers to enhance performance or fix compatibility issues. To get the latest driver, visit the support section of your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2019
  4. auggy Win User

Device Manager USB Ports

How is the device listed under "Other devices" (how is it named)?

Also, can you double-click the device > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

Also, on the Windows 7 computer where the device works how is it listed (named) in the Device Manager?

auggy, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. I cannot find ports in device manager - Similar Threads - cannot find ports

2. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  3. cannot find carmera in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot find carmera in device manager.: Trying to get the camera on my laptop to work. The computer just went out of warranty 2 days ago. Has **** Windows 11 been installed? Need help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-carmera-in-device-manager/eb19a38a-3924-4c1b-b23b-37bd94358863
  4. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  5. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  6. Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cannot find specified device etc - for Device Manager: Hi - I'm trying to access the device manager on a new(ish) laptop and it comes up with the "Windows cannot find specified device, path, or file" warning. I've run a search for "device manager" and its come up with a shortcut, which I can access. But I still can't access it...
  7. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.: I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I downloaded a few third party applications, Ghostbuster and Devmanview, to try to find the airpods. I cannot find anything that...
  8. Cannot find "Generic Bluetooth adapter" on device manager

Cannot find "Generic Bluetooth adapter" on device manager: Hello, i am trying to install a CSR bluetooth adapter dongle. I installed the product's driver and it didn't work. Upon research on the internet, i found out that by going into device manager, clicking on the CSR driver, clicking "update drivers", then "Browse my computer...
  9. I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list

I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager list: I have been seeing a large opaque grid across my screen. It is 9 squares with a number from1 to 9 in each square. From my research, I should start by going to the graphics card. I cannot find the graphics card on my system....
  10. I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.

I cannot find my mouse. I cannot find and Touchpad related things in my device manager.: But when it works when i plug in my usb mouse. but my mouse disappears if i take it out. Also ive downloaded a driver for my touchpad but it doesnt let me install because it says i have one installed but i cant find the said installed touchpad....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find port in device manager