Windows 10: I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10

Discus and support I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled my windows, and I noticed that my screen is a bit stretched out, making it a little blurry and grainy. However, when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VaibhavSimha, Jan 30, 2019.

1. I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10

I recently reinstalled my windows, and I noticed that my screen is a bit stretched out, making it a little blurry and grainy. However, when I tried to change the resolution, I found out that I was already at the top setting, out of ONLY TWO options, which was 1024 x 768, which is quite low compared to the resolution I had my laptop set on prior to re-installation. On googling, I was advised to try fiddling with the Advanced Display Settings. However, fruitlessly, instead of the option that changes the resolution, "Display Information" popped up that had basic info of my driver and current display settings. My driver is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, which is currently classified as Display 1 in the Advanced Display Settings. Please help me, my laptop was perfectly fine before. I suspect that the Windows considers my laptop to have multiple displays, which is absolutely wrong. Kindly help me to readjust my display settings to its former glory.

:)

VaibhavSimha, Jan 30, 2019
  2. MilkyWay Win User

Where are the resolution/refresh rate settings in AMD Crimson?

Having to use Windows display settings manager to change resolution. Advanced display settings shows the resolution but to change refresh rate i have to go to display adapter properties!

It's just a longer step than it being right there one click away in CCC. Not only that but CCC is still there in Crimson if you use the advanced settings.

MilkyWay, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10

1. I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot find resolution

2. I can not find Startup Settings in Advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not find Startup Settings in Advanced options: I can't find Startup Settings in Advanced options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-startup-settings-in-advanced/f022726f-5f79-424d-9bbc-afa53e953cec
  3. I can not find Startup Settings in Advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not find Startup Settings in Advanced options: I can't find Startup Settings in Advanced options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-find-startup-settings-in-advanced/f022726f-5f79-424d-9bbc-afa53e953cec
  4. Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings: Hi there, I just got this laptop, and I cannot download google chrome or other apps due to them not being approved by Microsoft. I was told to go to settings -> apps -> advanced app settings but there is no "advanced app settings" option under the apps tab. I was then told it...
  5. Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings

Cannot find "Advanced App Settings Option" under apps in settings: Hi there, I just got this laptop, and I cannot download google chrome or other apps due to them not being approved by Microsoft. I was told to go to settings -> apps -> advanced app settings but there is no "advanced app settings" option under the apps tab. I was then told it...
  6. Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??: I have a recently got a new laptop that has Windows 11 installed on it, and am trying to use Chrome browser, but all information I find online to correct problems with internet sites seem to direct me to go to Settings>Advanced, except there is no such option in Settings??It...
  7. Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??

Windows 11 cannot find Advanced in Browser settings??: I have a recently got a new laptop that has Windows 11 installed on it, and am trying to use Chrome browser, but all information I find online to correct problems with internet sites seem to direct me to go to Settings>Advanced, except there is no such option in Settings??It...
  8. I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings: Hello, today I connected my 4k TV to my PC along with a 1080p monitor. Initially the TV showed 4k at 30hz. Since the TV was rated for 4k at 60Hz, I changed the connection to a display port 1.4 on my PC and it briefly started showing 4k at 60Hz until I started playing a game...
  9. windows resolution display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows resolution display settings: hi, can anyone help I have been through all resolution setting including windows suggestion which is 1920x1080 and nothing seems to fit? to a look at properties, i think all seem to work there. is there some i have missed or some think blinding obvious ill be looking...
  10. Windows 10 Advanced display settings gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Advanced display settings gone: With the last large update, all of my fonts and icons changed back to being small. Went to Display settings and tried to find the "Advanced display settings" option under the slider for 100%, 125% etc,, where it used to be, and it is no longer there. This setting allowed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see 1920x1080 as an option

2. cannot find resolution on display