Windows 10: I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.

Discus and support I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was using my laptop for studies and after taking a little break, I came back to see that the Wi-Fi was no longer connected. I tried running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noor Uddin, Feb 1, 2023.

1. I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.

I was using my laptop for studies and after taking a little break, I came back to see that the Wi-Fi was no longer connected. I tried running the troubleshooter but it just told me that my Ethernet cable was disconnected. I tried looking up some tutorials online and nothing seems to work. People on YouTube just tell me to go to the Control Panel and enable Wi-Fi in network adaptors. However, when I open the network adaptors option, it only shows my Ethernet connection and the Bluetooth. When I try to run a troubleshooter on the network adaptors, it just shows the same 2 connections Ethernet a

:)

Noor Uddin, Feb 1, 2023

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Wi-Fi option

Hello,

Several reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common issues with Network Adapter Settings on the computer.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Network, click on Network Adapter.

Method 2: Update your network and Wi-Fi drivers. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause network problems.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

If the issue persists, we would like to know the following information to pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Are you using a laptop, tablet or desktop computer?
    • Are you using an external Wi-Fi adapter?
    • Have you made changes to your system before experiencing this issue?

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.

No wi-fi connection

I found the restore points and went back to last month, when the Wi-Fi was still working. I reconnected the router. The control panel says the connection is secure and connected when I tried to get online via wireless rather than DSL, but the icon on the bottom is still the DSL one. Do I have to disconnect the DSL cable in order to use the Wi-Fi or does it matter? The control panel lists both internet connections.

Amadeus51, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.

1. I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings. - Similar Threads - cannot find option

2. I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find the Wi-Fi option on my taskbar, or anywhere else in control panel and settings.: I was using my laptop for studies and after taking a little break, I came back to see that the Wi-Fi was no longer connected. I tried running the troubleshooter but it just told me that my Ethernet cable was disconnected. I tried looking up some tutorials online and nothing...
  3. Deleted Wi-Fi from Control Panel Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Wi-Fi from Control Panel Adapter Settings: A couple of months ago, I was staying in a hotel on a public network. After connecting to it, my laptop freaked out and I could not connect wirelessly. I tried fixes to address the problem, but none worked. Eventually, I tried disabling Wi-Fi from Control Panel > Network and...
  4. Deleted Wi-Fi from Control Panel Adapter Settings

Deleted Wi-Fi from Control Panel Adapter Settings: A couple of months ago, I was staying in a hotel on a public network. After connecting to it, my laptop freaked out and I could not connect wirelessly. I tried fixes to address the problem, but none worked. Eventually, I tried disabling Wi-Fi from Control Panel > Network and...
  5. Deleted Wi-Fi from Control Panel Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.: I've accidentally deleted TAP-WINDOWS so I can't connect to wi-fi anymore. I've even checked it in network adapter settings inside control panel. Wi-fi seems to have gone and there's only Ethernet....
  7. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.: I've accidentally deleted TAP-WINDOWS so I can't connect to wi-fi anymore. I've even checked it in network adapter settings inside control panel. Wi-fi seems to have gone and there's only Ethernet....
  8. Wi-fi disappeared from control panel.

9. Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?

Control Panel > Network and Internet - why doesn't Wi-Fi display as option?: After a recent regular restart of my computer, the Wi-Fi option no longer displays or connects on my PC. I have tried several other options like ensuring Network Discovery is turned on, as well as a network reset, to no avail. See some photos below of the current status of my...
  10. No Wi-Fi Option in network taskbar

No Wi-Fi Option in network taskbar: I dont know what happened but suddenly wifi option disappeared and only airplane mode is visible which is greyed out. I did everything i could --- reset network , wlan autoconfig, reinstall wireless driver and at last RESET PC which ultimately gave no result. In Settings...