Windows 10: I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run

Discus and support I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The first BSOD I get is: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gfr, Aug 15, 2020.

1. GFR
    gfr Win User

I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run

The first BSOD I get is:
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
    For more information, see https://windows.com/stopcode. (When I go to this page, I get the error message: We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.)
    Stopcode: Critical Process Died
    Preparing Automatic Repair

Diagnosing your PC

Then, the second BSOD I get is:
    Automatic Repair
    Your PC did not start correctly.
    Press "Restart" to restart...
    [Restart] [Advanced Option]
    Third BSOD:
    Choose an option:
    Continue (Restarts from the first entry above.)
    Troubleshoot (I tried most options here.)
    Turn off your PC (As it says.)
    When I tried following Fix Critical Process Died in Windows 10 Error - gHacks Tech News, I could not start in Safe Mode and the error message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart..." returned and I was at the beginning again.

Obviously, I could not "Open the start menu and type msconfig."

I can run through each option I tried under Troubleshoot, but that might make this post unnecessarily long.

When I tried "Reset this PC", "Keep my files" results in the message "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

I did not choose "Remove Everything".

When I tried a System Restore, despite having turned on System Restore previously, it said no restore to choose from.

Similar results were obtained when I tried to follow steps to resolve this problem

I have not idea what to do next.

Please help!

:)

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2020
  4. I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run

The instruction at 0x000000

Hi,

To better assist you with this issue, may we know the following:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also follow the steps below to isolate this issue:

• Perform a
      clean boot
      on the computer.
    • Since you are using Windows 10, we suggest that you run Windows Defender.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run

1. I cannot follow your instructions because Windows 10 will not run - Similar Threads - cannot follow instructions

2. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....
  3. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....
  4. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do I need to follow KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to follow KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install...: I tried to get the new update from KB5034441: Windows Recovery Update for Windows 10: Versions 21h2 and 22h2 from January 9, 2024. I got the 0x80070643 error, which referred me to this from KB 5028997: Windows RE location:...
  6. Do I need to follow KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install...

Do I need to follow KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install...: I tried to get the new update from KB5034441: Windows Recovery Update for Windows 10: Versions 21h2 and 22h2 from January 9, 2024. I got the 0x80070643 error, which referred me to this from KB 5028997: Windows RE location:...
  7. Do I need to follow KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I was following instructions and found something strange... possibly?

I was following instructions and found something strange... possibly?: So I went to the eventvwr.exe then to Applications and Service Logs, then to Microsoft, followed by Windows and was supposed to go to Immersive-Shell folder from there.... only problem being... there is no immersive-shell folder. I don't know what to do from here. Help...
  9. I was following instructions and found something strange... possibly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I was following instructions and found something strange... possibly?: So I went to the eventvwr.exe then to Applications and Service Logs, then to Microsoft, followed by Windows and was supposed to go to Immersive-Shell folder from there.... only problem being... there is no immersive-shell folder. I don't know what to do from here. Help...
  10. NO SCREEN TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO SCREEN TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!!: I had purchased an Espon 2700 All In One printer. There's a WiFi Direct option. When I try to connect said printer to my computer through the WiFi Direct, Windows 10 tells me to follow the instructions on the printer. ONE MAJOR STUPID PROBLEM!!!!!!! There's NO SCREEN on my...