Windows 10: I cannot free up space on my PC.

Discus and support I cannot free up space on my PC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I literally cannot free up anymore space on my PC. I can't delete anything, I can't reset my PC since space is needed to do so, I can't reinstall. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zerox7, Dec 22, 2020.

1. zerox7 Win User

I cannot free up space on my PC.

I literally cannot free up anymore space on my PC. I can't delete anything, I can't reset my PC since space is needed to do so, I can't reinstall. I can't even update my PC anymore. I run disk cleanup, but it does nothing. I don't know what to do. I have deleted literally EVERYTHING. When I say that, I mean everything. Everything I have downloaded, every picture saved, everything. And still there is nothing left on the main disk drive. I don't know what to do. I try to use my USB drive to store downloads but it still automatically goes to the C: drive and I don't know how to change that. I don't know what to do.

:)

zerox7, Dec 22, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 22, 2020
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Dec 22, 2020
  4. I cannot free up space on my PC.

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

I cannot free up space on my PC.

1. I cannot free up space on my PC. - Similar Threads - cannot free space

2. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  3. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot free up computer space: I am trying to solve a computer problem for someone else who cannot free up used space and only has 30 MB available out of 30 GB. Cannot see what is taking up the 30 GB of space. I have deleted files, cookies, browsing history and some apps. The only remaining apps are...
  4. Cannot free up computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  6. Not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not freeing up space: Hi . I have a problem I uninstalled two games 80 GB each and space on my disk didn't get freed up and I can't even locate the folders anywhere . I don't know if it's a Windows bug or something with my folders but I would like some help...
  7. free up space

free up space: I am constantly deleting files so that my drive can be in the blue not red with space. I am not sure what to remove to get it in the blue again. This happens a lot to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/a15e3ad0-46ff-40cc-bd11-ce678cf07aac
  8. free up space

free up space: HOw do I transfer files from C drive to D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/3387af44-6d0c-46b2-af12-b325a86bdb5f
  9. Freeing up space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeing up space: Temporary files won't purge. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-space/307c1381-b077-493c-9148-41decb9e54cc
  10. free up space

free up space: how do I free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-space/0e7474ee-5360-483a-9e9e-7342c9c5f530"