Windows 10: I cannot get a game on another drive!

Discus and support I cannot get a game on another drive! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So recently, I wanted to get Halo the Master Chief Collection but my system drive does not have enough space so I got an external one. Then I get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XxRogerbgxX, Apr 6, 2021.

1. I cannot get a game on another drive!

So recently, I wanted to get Halo the Master Chief Collection but my system drive does not have enough space so I got an external one.

Then I get this message after change the storage settings. Setting automatically download apps on the D: Drive.

I cannot get a game on another drive! 196bfa70-e3e1-4a20-9c27-2c3dea339c19?upload=true.jpg

Note: This isn't halo but I get this message.

I try to select the D: Drive but the only option is the system one.

Any Help?

:)

XxRogerbgxX, Apr 6, 2021
  2. little cat, Apr 6, 2021
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 6, 2021
  4. I cannot get a game on another drive!

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

I cannot get a game on another drive!

1. I cannot get a game on another drive! - Similar Threads - cannot game another

2. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  3. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  4. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot install a game in the drive D:\

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install a game in the drive D:\: I just recently bought a game from the App Store and I cannot install it. I did some research and I found that I have to delete or rename the folder: D:\WindowsApps I did it but when I try to install again the folder is re created empty and nothing else happen. Also I give...
  6. Can't install games on another drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on another drive: Hello, When I wanted to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 again on my PC after I've formatted the drive wanted to clean it up I couldn't install the game on my d: drive. I want to install it there as my c: drive is just a 120GB SSD used for Windows. When I want to click on the blue...
  7. I cannot setup Onedrive on another drive

I cannot setup Onedrive on another drive: I have just upgraded my PC and have fresh installed Windows (Version 1809) to a new SSD. I am trying to setup Onedrive but whenever I click on the 'link' to change where Onedrive stores its file (I have the files another local disk), Onedrive crashes. This is the Event log...
  8. Payed for a game but cannot get it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payed for a game but cannot get it.: Hi, I bought survival craft 2 on my microsoft account, i paid for it and played it, but then i reset my computer, signed back in to the same account and i didnt own it anymore, i want my game back, i paid for it and you can check your history and everything...
  9. Cannot UEFI boot on another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot UEFI boot on another drive: Hello, I am using a laptop with 2 drives. Lets call them Disk0 and Disk1. On both disk I have installed windows pro. I thought i could simply tell in the BIOS on which drive to boot but it did not work like that, so I decided to install AIOBoot and Clover on a Fat32...
  10. Getting Access to another network drive

Getting Access to another network drive: I have four computers on my network. I store all my files on one of the computers and the other three were able to access that computer whenever they needed to. I just replaced Verizon with Comcast but after they left I realized that I could no longer access the computer...