Windows 10: i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?

Discus and support i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot get a verification code to change Microsoft password. I requested it too many times and was told to wait 24 hours to try again. I waited 36... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cynthiashoup, Aug 13, 2021.

1. i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?

I cannot get a verification code to change Microsoft password. I requested it too many times and was told to wait 24 hours to try again. I waited 36 hours and still cannot get a code

:)

cynthiashoup, Aug 13, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 13, 2021
  3. Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do?

1. i cannot get a verification code to reset password. what can I do? - Similar Threads - cannot verification code

2. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset my password / not getting verification code: So I added a replacement security info on this account that I'm own I own it but I can't reset my password which the account is linked onto my desktop so I cannot literally do anything with. I can't login my desktop or reset my password whenever I try to reset it leads me to...
  3. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my password / not getting verification code: So I added a replacement security info on this account that I'm own I own it but I can't reset my password which the account is linked onto my desktop so I cannot literally do anything with. I can't login my desktop or reset my password whenever I try to reset it leads me to...
  4. How to reset my password / not getting verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What can I do to get a code to reset my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to get a code to reset my password?: I forgot my password, and when I tried resetting it, it kept saying that I had tried so many times and needed to try again tomorrow for the code. It keeps saying that despite providing the last four digits of my phone number, I need help accessing my Microsoft account on my...
  6. What can I do to get a code to reset my password?

What can I do to get a code to reset my password?: I forgot my password, and when I tried resetting it, it kept saying that I had tried so many times and needed to try again tomorrow for the code. It keeps saying that despite providing the last four digits of my phone number, I need help accessing my Microsoft account on my...
  7. Not getting verification code what can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting verification code what can I do?: I am not getting any verification code to my phone number, it's been 3 days and till now I haven't received any verification code, for changing any info on my account i have to enter verification code...
  8. Not getting verification code what can I do?

Not getting verification code what can I do?: I am not getting any verification code to my phone number, it's been 3 days and till now I haven't received any verification code, for changing any info on my account i have to enter verification code...
  9. I cannot get the verification code to reset my password

I cannot get the verification code to reset my password: So I have been trying to reset my password for the past 2 days, It's asking to verifiy my identity by putting in a code from my gmail, The problem is I'm not getting that gmail I've tried to reset now atleast 30 times and everytime same thing it asks for the code and I'm not...
  10. I cannot get the verification code to reset my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get the verification code to reset my password: So I have been trying to reset my password for the past 2 days, It's asking to verifiy my identity by putting in a code from my gmail, The problem is I'm not getting that gmail I've tried to reset now atleast 30 times and everytime same thing it asks for the code and I'm not...