Windows 10: I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator

Discus and support I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot get an elevated administrator position to use sfc. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanHeilpern, Dec 8, 2019.

1. I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator

I cannot get an elevated administrator position to use sfc. Any ideas?

:)

AlanHeilpern, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Administrator permissions

how to be elevated to full Administrator permissions on Windows 10 ? All suggestions in Help and Support amount to nothing, apart from frustration. Any suggestions folks ?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings)

DadCarlton, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator

1. I cannot get an elevated permission for administrator - Similar Threads - cannot elevated permission

2. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  3. Elevation permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elevation permissions: Hi,I have windows 11I'm looking for some help. I have a writing program on my laptop which I use regularly. I went to access one of the files and it kept crashing which led me to troubleshoot the program.Somehow, don't ask me how the elevation permissions for this one program...
  4. Can’t get administrator permission

Can’t get administrator permission: I’m unable to download updates and apps cause administrator doesn’t give my a choice of yes or no., ie, Turbo Tax because the administrator ask if l want to make this change and the only choice it shows is NO and said to sign in as administrator. The only problem is that the...
  5. Can’t get administrator permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get administrator permission: I’m unable to download updates and apps cause administrator doesn’t give my a choice of yes or no., ie, Turbo Tax because the administrator ask if l want to make this change and the only choice it shows is NO and said to sign in as administrator. The only problem is that the...
  6. Cannot Delete File - Administrator ID Does Not Elevate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete File - Administrator ID Does Not Elevate: Hi. I accidentally created some files in "C:\Program Files x86\Acronis\TrueImageHome". I thought there would be no problem - just delete them. Well I can't!My user ID is an administrator and I even tried activating the built-in Administrator account and using it. I even...
  7. Cannot Delete File - Administrator ID Does Not Elevate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete File - Administrator ID Does Not Elevate: Hi. I accidentally created some files in "C:\Program Files x86\Acronis\TrueImageHome". I thought there would be no problem - just delete them. Well I can't!My user ID is an administrator and I even tried activating the built-in Administrator account and using it. I even...
  8. Cannot Delete File - Administrator ID Does Not Elevate

9. Elevated permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Elevated permissions: I am having ongoing problems with updates or a re-install, so I was checking some options to figure out how to resolve. One advice tip was to go in through Command Prompt and type in DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. When I tried this I got a message that it...
  10. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592