Windows 10: i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help

Discus and support i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot get any sound on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roxy1002, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Roxy1002 Win User

i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help

I cannot get any sound on my computer

:)

Roxy1002, Mar 27, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 27, 2020
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 27, 2020
  4. i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help

Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help

1. i cannot get any sound on my computer. have done audio checks. can someone please help - Similar Threads - cannot sound computer

2. I can get sound through my computer speakers but I cannot get any sound to come through my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can get sound through my computer speakers but I cannot get any sound to come through my...: HI I am having some trouble with getting sound through my headphones. Went into the control pannel and went to sound. There were two icons one was speakers with a green checkmark. The other icon was an icon of head phoness with a red icon on it. went into sound settings but...
  3. I can get sound through my computer speakers but I cannot get any sound to come through my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can get sound through my computer speakers but I cannot get any sound to come through my...: HI I am having some trouble with getting sound through my headphones. Went into the control pannel and went to sound. There were two icons one was speakers with a green checkmark. The other icon was an icon of head phoness with a red icon on it. went into sound settings but...
  4. Can you please help me check if I have any FUD keylogger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please help me check if I have any FUD keylogger?: Hi,I suspect I may have had an FUD keylogger installed into my PC. I am told to go through task manager and look for anything suspicious, but I don't know what most of those things mean. Would you be willing to help?Also, is there a chance that a physical device was...
  5. Can you please help me check if I have any FUD keylogger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you please help me check if I have any FUD keylogger?: Hi,I suspect I may have had an FUD keylogger installed into my PC. I am told to go through task manager and look for anything suspicious, but I don't know what most of those things mean. Would you be willing to help?Also, is there a chance that a physical device was...
  6. No sound devices on my computer? Can someone please help, nothing's helped in the past hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound devices on my computer? Can someone please help, nothing's helped in the past hours: [ATTACH] Today I was just watching youtube when my audio suddenly stopped working (my computer froze for a minute or two before I found out that my audio wasn't working) and now it says that I have no audio output device installed. I went to my sound settings and clicked...
  7. Can someone please help me as i have no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone please help me as i have no sound: Hi all, First of all thanks for taking your time time to read this its much appreciated. I'm normally a console player however I picked up a average gaming computer and been having problems with the sound since purchase I was just wondering if their was a kind lady or gent...
  8. can someone help me fix the sound on my laptop please?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can someone help me fix the sound on my laptop please?: can someone help me fix the sound on my laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-fix-the-sound-on-my-laptop/8fc7167c-caf8-4e47-b4bd-7fd9c35cb19e
  9. NEEDING HELP WITH GETTING SOUND/AUDIO PLEASE?

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEEDING HELP WITH GETTING SOUND/AUDIO PLEASE?: I have a HP EliteBook with Windows 10 and I have NO SOUND. I have done troubleshooting and followed other suggestions online and still NO SOUND. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?...
  10. I need help with the sound on my computer and have done the basic troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help with the sound on my computer and have done the basic troubleshooting: is there a way to speak with a person? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-need-help-with-the-sound-on-my-computer-and-have/ccd84ce4-8dee-44d9-ad08-71c064974024