Windows 10: I cannot get camera to work.

Discus and support I cannot get camera to work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get a message saying we are updating your camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YOLETTELORQUET, Jan 17, 2020.

1. I cannot get camera to work.

I get a message saying we are updating your camera

:)

YOLETTELORQUET, Jan 17, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

I cannot get camera to work.

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

I cannot get camera to work.

1. I cannot get camera to work. - Similar Threads - cannot camera

2. When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks: When I try to join a zoom session invite, it says it cannot find my camera.The video icon is barred. But when I click on it, it does not change.Previously this action enabled the video.The problem is recent.Thanks...
  3. When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks: When I try to join a zoom session invite, it says it cannot find my camera.The video icon is barred. But when I click on it, it does not change.Previously this action enabled the video.The problem is recent.Thanks...
  4. Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> -- but there is an inbuilt camera that was working and now suddenly isn't. I've tried the trouble shooters, I've tried repeatedly restarting, ......
  5. Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> -- but there is an inbuilt camera that was working and now suddenly isn't. I've tried the trouble shooters, I've tried repeatedly restarting, ......
  6. 0xa00f4293 <videoCaptureStartTimeout> error cannot record video using camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xa00f4293 <videoCaptureStartTimeout> error cannot record video using camera app: So as i searched many solution including the new one from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xa00f4293-camera-app-not-working-on/c3ee0de7-6210-4d6f-ac19-b030f559c10f, The problem still there and I already tried for uninstall camera device in...
  7. 0xa00f4293 <videoCaptureStartTimeout> error cannot record video using camera app

0xa00f4293 <videoCaptureStartTimeout> error cannot record video using camera app: So as i searched many solution including the new one from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xa00f4293-camera-app-not-working-on/c3ee0de7-6210-4d6f-ac19-b030f559c10f, The problem still there and I already tried for uninstall camera device in...
  8. cannot get pc camera to open have tried all suggestions and nothing worked please advise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get pc camera to open have tried all suggestions and nothing worked please advise: I have tried every way I know to get camera on pc to work was working before. am using windows 11 pro and camera is a nuroum v11 would like any assistance if available. the camera will briefly show a light Thanks...
  9. cannot get pc camera to open have tried all suggestions and nothing worked please advise

cannot get pc camera to open have tried all suggestions and nothing worked please advise: I have tried every way I know to get camera on pc to work was working before. am using windows 11 pro and camera is a nuroum v11 would like any assistance if available. the camera will briefly show a light Thanks...
  10. My camera is not showing three-party when making a video call or even cannot take pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera is not showing three-party when making a video call or even cannot take pictures: I have been trying to use my laptop camera but it does not work at all , it cannot work during video calls or even take pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-showing-three-party-when-making-a/e8140e12-a688-4846-992b-1652e0cba34b