Windows 10: I cannot get Internet explorer to work

Discus and support I cannot get Internet explorer to work in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good! Glad to hear. I successfully installed 14257; however, I have nothing but problems with it. I cannot get Internet explorer to work. It freezes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by magilla, Feb 10, 2016.

1. magilla Win User

I cannot get Internet explorer to work

I successfully installed 14257; however, I have nothing but problems with it. I cannot get Internet explorer to work. It freezes up, cannot use the back or forward arrow, cannot change addresses, and at one time I received an error message saying something about a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error message. I looked in my installed application files, Visual C++ is there, I ran a 'repair' on it, and the repair reported it installed without problems. I also cannot open most of the windows applications (Edge, Feedback, etc) then I cannot open any applications as the 'window' button freezes up. I have been able to run sfc /scannow, which reports no issues found and all system files are intact. I am destined to scrap the insider preview on this computer. It works on my laptop but the laptop is too slow and cumbersome to use. Any suggestions?
    Oh yes, while Internet explorer will not work, it does open and I can view web pages but only those that are already on MSN (my home page). I cannot resize IE, nor can I move it anywhere else on the desktop.
    I went to Microsoft, downloaded Visual Studio C++ for Windows 10 that didn't get installed. The install seems to have corrected my problems. I can now open IE, EDGE, Feedback, and my start button works again.

:)

magilla, Feb 10, 2016

2. Cannot get Internet Explorer 11 to work

See if you simply need to turn on Internet Explorer and create some shortcuts.

How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Cannot get Internet Explorer 11 to work

it has no icons at all in start bar, and I have never uninstalled it or installed it I used to be able to see it until the last updates and it suddenly disappeared on my pc. I have only used chrome or opera.

but have found that edge will not allow java and some sites I visit run Java. So, guess I get stuck with Edge whether I want the thing or not.

Jenny Maxwell, Feb 10, 2016
  4. I cannot get Internet explorer to work

New builds were promised more often on the Fast ring but there haven't been any for the last two weeks. Hopefullyu something new will appear as Build 14257 is starting to get very slow and I might have to start over with the RTM release of 1511.

martyfelker, Feb 10, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Little confused. 14257 was released last Wednesday,2/03/16. You state no new builds for last 2 weeks. 14251 was out on 26th or 27th. If you're running a "slow" 14257, where did you get it if you haven't gotten any new builds in last 2 weeks?? *Confused

f14tomcat, Feb 11, 2016
  6. magilla Win User
    Never mind. It is not repaired. Edge Works, then freezes, IE works, then freezes. Weather page doesn't work.

magilla, Feb 11, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Magilla, I'm not quite sure what to say. You did an in-place upgrade to 14257. There may be issues there that weren't present before and you may need to clean install. I know, that can be painful. But as a last resort, it's really all that's left. I'm not familiar with customized gaming computers and don't know if there may be some hiding conflicts. Sorry. TC

f14tomcat, Feb 11, 2016
  8. magilla Win User

I've been running insider builds on this computer since January. Never been an issue. It is a gaming computer or in that it came from iBuyPower but has never been used as a gaming computer and runs Win 8.1, Windows 10 public released version, and has all along. That is what is so puzzling. I have checked out hardware and have no hardware issues reported by operating system diagnostics.
    One other thing I have noticed, the mouse and keyboard are Logitech wireless. The driver for them is missing, I have tried to get the system to rescan for mouse/keyboard to no avail. Interestingly, the keyboard is a solar keyboard and its solar application is present on the computer and reports its status. I am not able to get the menu from the right mouse click on the system icons, those that are on the start menu or those on the taskbar. Very puzzling.

magilla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I cannot get Internet explorer to work - Similar Threads - cannot Internet explorer

2. How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?: I need to connect to a Drac 5 interface, and the only browser known to work is Internet explorer. Edge only manages to make me more furious as it refuses to connect, and refuses to allow me to uninstall or modify it on my hardware....
  3. How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Edge and get Internet explorer to work again?: I need to connect to a Drac 5 interface, and the only browser known to work is Internet explorer. Edge only manages to make me more furious as it refuses to connect, and refuses to allow me to uninstall or modify it on my hardware....
  4. cannot get 1gpbs internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot get 1gpbs internet: Hi, i have a 1gbps internet and it was working fine until recently i got stuck at 100mbps, as far as i can tell its something to do with windows not letting me access the 1gbps internet and capping me at 100mbps. i have checked the cable, motherboared, internet card, and...
  5. Internet Explorer is not working

Internet Explorer is not working: Internet Explorer of my windows 10 is not working anymore. Also it is not working after resetting the settings of IE. I tried "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff But It says, "Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons ." [ATTACH]...
  6. Internet Explorer not work

Internet Explorer not work: Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-not-work/3657545f-29e1-42ae-a03b-b0a5d74b8e13
  7. Get rid of internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  8. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  9. I cannot get connected to the internet

I cannot get connected to the internet: For 2 days, when I attempt to sign in, a screen pops up that says, "No dial-up locations found. Cloick NEW to create a new location." I have wifi and my computer says that I am connected. What should I do? I have tried tech support and that is a waste of time....
  10. Internet Explorer Works!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Works!!!: Hi For the first time since I installed Windows 8 Internet Explorer works. On two different computers that I've had running Windows 8, Widows Explorer has not been able to display my Comcast home page, and some other pages that I use a lot. In Windows 10 it can!...