Windows 10: I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

Discus and support I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use my HP computer all the time. I changed to using a pin instead of the password a few monthes ago. I know my pin number but it says it is wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Beth Gaines, Oct 1, 2022.

1. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

I use my HP computer all the time. I changed to using a pin instead of the password a few monthes ago. I know my pin number but it says it is wrong. Now I am locked out of the computer saying I tried to enter the password and shut down too many times. Wait two hours. I did, but I cannot get back in. HELP this is crazy.Beth Gaines Teacher

:)

Beth Gaines, Oct 1, 2022

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 1, 2022
  3. lx07 Win User
    Pin not working

You could try switching to password input and enter that instead of the PIN.

Click on Sign-in options on the lock screen and then the icon on the right below.

I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out... [​IMG]

I'm not sure if you'll still have to wait out the 2 hours though.

lx07, Oct 1, 2022
  4. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

Pin entered incorrect... Wait 2 hours

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows Hello PIN on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try booting the PC in Safe Mode and then try to delete the NGC folder for Windows Hello PIN. You can follow the below steps to delete NGC folder and see if you are able to setup the PIN.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.
    4. Right click on the NGC folder and click on Delete.
    5. Click on Yes.

In case you are receiving permission error then try running the command and see if you are able to delete it.

1. Press Windows + S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
      icacls C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNgc /T /Q /C /RESET
    5. Close the CMD window
    6. Try to delete the NGC folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

1. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out... - Similar Threads - cannot computer pin

2. I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work: My children attempted to crack the PIN and now I am permanently locked out of my computer. First the screen asks for the "Challenge phrase" A1B2C3. Then the screen asks for the PIN with no option of saying I forgot my PIN or log in another way. When I enter the correct PIN...
  3. I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work: My children attempted to crack the PIN and now I am permanently locked out of my computer. First the screen asks for the "Challenge phrase" A1B2C3. Then the screen asks for the PIN with no option of saying I forgot my PIN or log in another way. When I enter the correct PIN...
  4. Why do I keep getting locked out for two hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting locked out for two hours: Anytime i turn off my computer and try to log in the next day or so I get the wait 2 hours message after trying once to put in my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-locked-out-for-two-hours/c49b0b54-390d-4b1a-a6be-f61610761550
  5. Why do I keep getting locked out for two hours

Why do I keep getting locked out for two hours: Anytime i turn off my computer and try to log in the next day or so I get the wait 2 hours message after trying once to put in my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-keep-getting-locked-out-for-two-hours/c49b0b54-390d-4b1a-a6be-f61610761550
  6. Why do I keep getting locked out for two hours

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  8. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  9. I am locked out of my computer !?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...
  10. I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...

I cannot get into my computer, pin does not work, shut down, wait two hours I am locked out...: I use my HP computer all the time. I changed to using a pin instead of the password a few monthes ago. I know my pin number but it says it is wrong. Now I am locked out of the computer saying I tried to enter the password and shut down too many times. Wait two hours. I did,...