Windows 10: I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

Discus and support I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TateMorris1, Dec 1, 2021.

1. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops and I also typically use macros in my mouse to perform that command at the press of the button. However, today when I tried doing it, it wouldn't work. Instead, it just used the tab function where it would box in different apps, add indents to paragraphs in word editors, or jump around webpages. After a lot of diddling around, I found out the only windows shortcut to work is the Windows+L shortcut that locks your screen. The windows button clearl

:)

TateMorris1, Dec 1, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work :)

terrace, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work :)

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

1. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work - Similar Threads - cannot shortcuts

2. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work: In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops and I also typically use macros in my mouse to perform that command at the press of the button. However, today when I tried...
  3. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work: In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops and I also typically use macros in my mouse to perform that command at the press of the button. However, today when I tried...
  4. Cannot resize .ico files for shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot resize .ico files for shortcut icons: I'm having trouble trying to standardize the sizes of my shortcut icons in Windows 10. I'm not referring to making the icons smaller or larger, as shown here:I am trying to make the actual .ico file take up the full size of the shortcut square, as shown here:Note how...
  5. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  6. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  7. Cannot add folders or shortcuts or anything in Documents folder under C:\Users\USER\Documents.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add folders or shortcuts or anything in Documents folder under C:\Users\USER\Documents.: Just recently, I installed Rstudio and was installing a package. However, for some reason, it couldn't install the package. It said that it couldn't find an R folder inside the Documents folder and thus threw the error. I tried investigating this and I found out that I...
  8. cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes

cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes: can you guys tell me why this is? in the first image below, I am attempting to put a shortcut icon in the taskbar and windows does not create a space for it. perhaps because the file is an ''xlsx'' and excel is already in the bar? in the 2nd image, it **does** create a...
  9. Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu

Cannot remove old Office shortcuts from start menu: Hi All. We have Windows 10 PC's and have upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 2019. Uninstalled 2010 then installed 2019. After installation and clicking the Start Menu we can see the Office 2019 programs in the list, however when searching from the Start menu for Outlook...
  10. I cannot open Windows Settings through any shortcut methods

I cannot open Windows Settings through any shortcut methods: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I cannot use any of these shortcuts Display Settings through either Desktop>Right Click>Personalize, Network & Internet settings or by using Notifications inAction Center it suddenly pops up a cmd window and closes itself within a sec. Using settings...