Windows 10: I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

Discus and support I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TateMorris1, Dec 1, 2021.

1. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

In my day-to-day use of my laptop, I typically use the task view shortcut to navigate through my apps as I like to have my apps organized by desktops and I also typically use macros in my mouse to perform that command at the press of the button. However, today when I tried doing it, it wouldn't work. Instead, it just used the tab function where it would box in different apps, add indents to paragraphs in word editors, or jump around webpages. After a lot of diddling around, I found out the only windows shortcut to work is the Windows+L shortcut that locks your screen. The windows button clearl

:)

TateMorris1, Dec 1, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work :)

terrace, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work :)

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work

1. I cannot get most windows shortcuts to work - Similar Threads - cannot shortcuts

2. how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have...: how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have appropriate permissions" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-the-item-referred-to-by-this/007c557e-612d-41ee-a8c7-c37b7e0b47c6
  3. how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have...: how to fix error "the item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed you may not have appropriate permissions" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-the-item-referred-to-by-this/007c557e-612d-41ee-a8c7-c37b7e0b47c6
  4. Cannot accept license terms with keyboard shortcuts or with mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot accept license terms with keyboard shortcuts or with mouse: Hello everyone,To summarize my problem let's start here, My Pc has regularly been freezing on desktop, as my mouse goes over icons they highlight, but nothing happens when i click, so i wanted to reset, as per my surprise when i asked for a complete reset of everything,...
  5. Cannot accept license terms with keyboard shortcuts or with mouse

Cannot accept license terms with keyboard shortcuts or with mouse: Hello everyone,To summarize my problem let's start here, My Pc has regularly been freezing on desktop, as my mouse goes over icons they highlight, but nothing happens when i click, so i wanted to reset, as per my surprise when i asked for a complete reset of everything,...
  6. Folder has disappeared and now showing as shortcut file that cannot be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder has disappeared and now showing as shortcut file that cannot be opened.: I have thousands of files in that folder. I need it!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-has-disappeared-and-now-showing-as-shortcut/2e1a5aee-c9cc-44b3-89ef-92f980c5979a
  7. Folder has disappeared and now showing as shortcut file that cannot be opened.

Folder has disappeared and now showing as shortcut file that cannot be opened.: I have thousands of files in that folder. I need it!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-has-disappeared-and-now-showing-as-shortcut/2e1a5aee-c9cc-44b3-89ef-92f980c5979a
  8. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.: I recently did an in-place upgrade to my Windows 10 because I was having an issue with windows image being corrupted. The in-place upgrade finished without any errors and resolved the issues I was having, however I encountered a new issue where I can't run any shortcuts as...
  9. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.: I recently did an in-place upgrade to my Windows 10 because I was having an issue with windows image being corrupted. The in-place upgrade finished without any errors and resolved the issues I was having, however I encountered a new issue where I can't run any shortcuts as...
  10. Cannot run shortcuts as administrator in Windows 10 after an in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Customization