Windows 10: I cannot get my camera to work, please help!

Discus and support I cannot get my camera to work, please help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have gone through every prompt to fix this my computer has given me and I can't figure it out. I keep getting error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TabbyKat422, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I cannot get my camera to work, please help!

I have gone through every prompt to fix this my computer has given me and I can't figure it out. I keep getting error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> but my lenovo has a web cam built in. I don't have any drivers in my files for it and I am at a loss. Please help!!!

:)

TabbyKat422, Oct 16, 2018

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 16, 2018
  4. I cannot get my camera to work, please help!

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga3 and camera doesn't work

Hi Jane,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the exact error/message you get?
    • Which app are you using to access the camera?
    I suggest try you below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Camera driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Camera driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update driver Software.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you

Ashwin V S, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

I cannot get my camera to work, please help!

1. I cannot get my camera to work, please help! - Similar Threads - cannot camera please

2. My camera isn't working, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera isn't working, please help.: Hello there, I've been trying to use my built-in camera via the camera app, but I've been met with the error code "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" every single time, yet despite trying to find a solution, I haven't been able to, any assistance would be appreciated....
  3. My camera isn't working, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera isn't working, please help.: Hello there, I've been trying to use my built-in camera via the camera app, but I've been met with the error code "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" every single time, yet despite trying to find a solution, I haven't been able to, any assistance would be appreciated....
  4. my camera is not working, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera is not working, please help: my camera is not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-please-help/013d1ed1-aa70-400d-a117-60da7e13c844
  5. my camera is not working, please help

my camera is not working, please help: my camera is not working, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-please-help/013d1ed1-aa70-400d-a117-60da7e13c844
  6. No Cameras attached, cannot get camera to work at all! Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Cameras attached, cannot get camera to work at all! Please help!: 'We can't find your camera, error code 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>' I have had this issue ever since I purchased the laptop about 18 months ago. Not sure if manufacturing fault or something I forgot to do? Please help!...
  7. I cannot get camera to work.

I cannot get camera to work.: I get a message saying we are updating your camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-camera-to-work/c04a7323-ec17-460b-ac8b-20d4be1b6ca5
  8. Camera Not Working, Please help

Camera Not Working, Please help: My Camera is not working. I Tried everything(reinstalled, updated, rolled back) but still the problem persists. My PC is Micromax Canvas Laptab LT777 Here's an image of the error. [ATTACH] Please help me with this......
  9. Cannot get Cortana to work at all. Please help.

Cannot get Cortana to work at all. Please help.: Cortana is disabled by company policy. I am signed in with my Microsoft account, and I tried to check all settings that may pertain to Cortana not working. I followed all steps in this post by Howto Geek How to Fix the Message in Windows 10 Can anyone please help? If you...
  10. I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot get DISM to work! Help please!: Nevermind. A user on another site solved it for me by providing me the correct ISO. 61303