Windows 10: I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works

Discus and support I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer will not go into any mode. I tried to access the BIOS and cannot get to them. I tried to insert my recovery disks and nothing happens.Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pambyrne, Sep 17, 2018.

1. pambyrne Win User

I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works

My computer will not go into any mode. I tried to access the BIOS and cannot get to them. I tried to insert my recovery disks and nothing happens.Help

:)

pambyrne, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Anna Bol Win User

Computer Shuts Down When Woken From Sleep Mode

Hi,

To help resolve your issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1:Run
    power troubleshooter

• On the search bar,type
      “Troubleshooting”

• Click
      “View All”
      on the left panel.

• Click
      Power,a new window will popup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe mode

Check if issue persists in safe mode. To go to safe mode, follow these steps:

• Open Run Command (Windows
      button +R)

• A dialog box will open, type
      msconfig.

• Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.

• Restart Computer.

Note:Follow
    the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Method 3: Clean boot

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, kindly check in clean boot. To place your computer in clean boot, refer
    to this
    link

Note:
    Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to
    reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    “ to reset computer as usual.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Sep 17, 2018
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 17, 2018
  4. I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works

1. I cannot get my computer to go into boot mode and nothing works - Similar Threads - cannot computer boot

2. How can I get my computer to boot into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my computer to boot into safe mode?: I reset my computer because I was going to sell it but it didn’t erase everything since it still has my wallpaper and my account on the Home Screen. I can’t login to my account tho because it keeps showing up with an error The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in....
  3. How can I get my computer to boot into safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I get my computer to boot into safe mode?: I reset my computer because I was going to sell it but it didn’t erase everything since it still has my wallpaper and my account on the Home Screen. I can’t login to my account tho because it keeps showing up with an error The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in....
  4. How can I get my computer to boot into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works

Absolutely NOTHING on my computer works: Ok so I downloaded a game overnight on my laptop Acer Predator Helios 300. I had my laptop on sleep and when I woke it up in the morning everything was working fine. I then went to go clean something and when I came back and powered on my computer, windows 10 was literally...
  6. I CANNOT TURN THE COMPUTER TO WORK ON THE ONLINE MODE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I CANNOT TURN THE COMPUTER TO WORK ON THE ONLINE MODE: when I click on the offline to work online IT DOES NOT WORK.... I CANNOT REMOVE THE STUPID OFFICE MODE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-turn-the-computer-to-work-on-the-online/9f3fe110-5d85-4acd-af8a-489306395ced
  7. My computer won't boot into windows. Keeps booting into recovery mode and there's nothing I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't boot into windows. Keeps booting into recovery mode and there's nothing I...: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Thank you very much for thinking to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-boot-into-windows-keeps-booting/fb5180d3-5f6b-4d17-95b3-403ba87f51d0
  8. Nothing with my computer works!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing with my computer works!!: I've for one week now tried to solve the issues on my computer but everything just seems to get worse and worse. It all started when i tried to update my Nvidia graphic card drivers. When I tried installing Geforce Experience I got an error message and the same thing...
  9. Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME: Okay, so. I couldn't access my start menu (every time I clicked it, it would come up 'critical error' and then log me off). I literally tried everything to resolve this issue. I ended up giving my computer a factory reset because I was about to smash my face into my monitor....
  10. My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.

My Computer Audio Is Not Working | Nothing and I mean Nothing is working..... I have no hope.: It started today 7/21/2018 when I got my new keyboard and mouse, a Havit Keyboard and mouse combo (Very easy to find on amazon), I got on my pc to only see a X symbol by my audio, I hover over it and it says "No Audio Output is Installed" Now I'm confused because I'm using a...