Windows 10: I cannot get my email on my computer.

Discus and support I cannot get my email on my computer. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have had my computer up dated, now I cannot access my e mail. HELP!!!... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JimCallaway1, Feb 4, 2019.

1. I cannot get my email on my computer.

I have had my computer up dated, now I cannot access my e mail. HELP!!!

:)

JimCallaway1, Feb 4, 2019

2. Is it possible to restart a computer in response to an email notification?

Use Outlook.

Link at the bottom of the answer has information that helped with this answer. Kudos to GuidingTech.com

Create a .bat file first.

shutdown.exe /r /t 00

Save as Restart.bat

Make sure the computer is logged in with the email you receive the email Notification in.

You can setup different accounts for each computer if you wish and have your email setup to forward emails your receive as notifications.

Example.

Computer1@email.com is the Host PC with a Graphic card that is not Rendering.

Testemail.com is your email you receive notifications on.

When the Email is received have your outlook auto forward the email back to the
    corresponding email. which in this case is Computer1@gmail.com

Computer1@email.com received at Testemail@email.com then have that email forward to the all Computers.

The Trick here is to setup a different Notification email to each computer so it knows which to shutdown.

For Setting up a Rule to Forward follow these instructions and enter in a word in the subject based on the pc you want to restart.

Note: This is for setting up your Computer which you receive the emails next we are going to setup the individual pcs.

Now Specify what you want the email to look for to trigger the Restart.

Example if you choose subject.

Say the word you choose is Computer1-RenderIssue

You will type that in the "Specify for words or Phrases to search for in the subhect"

Now that you have the that setup its time to do the final step.

Now whenever One of you computers have an issue when Rendering the Email will be sent to you with the Specified Computer. This will forward the email to that computer and restart the machine.

Hope this helps. Tried to format it the best I could while doing my Job.

Reference for some of the work here

NetworkKingPin, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 4, 2019
  4. I cannot get my email on my computer.

email

My system is Windows 10, my browser is Google Chrome and my email is Windows live. When I open a hyperlink I get a blank/black page listed as "Untitled". Any suggestions?

HELPlucy2016, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

I cannot get my email on my computer.

1. I cannot get my email on my computer. - Similar Threads - cannot email computer

2. Cannot get Verification Email for my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Verification Email for my account: I have been attempting to change my personal information on my Live.Account, but it requires me to verify my Email to do so....Unfortunately, as is to be expected from Microsoft, it will never send the Email that contains the Code to me. This is not an official paid Microsoft...
  3. Cannot get Verification Email for my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Verification Email for my account: I have been attempting to change my personal information on my Live.Account, but it requires me to verify my Email to do so....Unfortunately, as is to be expected from Microsoft, it will never send the Email that contains the Code to me. This is not an official paid Microsoft...
  4. I have forgotten my pin but I'm not getting the email to get into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my pin but I'm not getting the email to get into my computer: I have forgotten my pin on my brand new computer so I click the "I forgot my PIN" button and have gone through the process of logging into my Microsoft account, trying to get an email to unlock my computer. I have done this multiple times on multiple days on different...
  5. I have forgotten my pin but I'm not getting the email to get into my computer

I have forgotten my pin but I'm not getting the email to get into my computer: I have forgotten my pin on my brand new computer so I click the "I forgot my PIN" button and have gone through the process of logging into my Microsoft account, trying to get an email to unlock my computer. I have done this multiple times on multiple days on different...
  6. I cannot get my computer out of BIOS

I cannot get my computer out of BIOS: Yesterday, I was playing a video game and got a blue screen. The blue screen was quick and I didn’t see the error code. After the fact, my computer booted into bios, from here on out saving and exiting bios gives me a black screen and then directly loads back into bios. I...
  7. cannot get into my email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get into my email: cannot get into my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-into-my-email/5dc97ff8-356e-4174-9ff1-91e44ab04b0c
  8. Cannot, get my email on new devise

Cannot, get my email on new devise: how can I get email on this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-my-email-on-new-devise/a759e043-e04f-475e-89fc-f399023823de
  9. Cannot get my computer to activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get my computer to activate.: My Dell d620 running windows 10pro is not activating. I have tried troubleshooting but it says I need a product key and I cannot find one! I have been messing with this since first of November and I still can not have a solution. I saw an article on u-tube about Microsoft...
  10. I cannot get my computer to sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot get my computer to sleep.: It used to be intermittent - now not at all 40676