Windows 10: I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

Discus and support I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I plugged in my headphones to my PC, which have a built-in mic. I can hear music just fine. However, I cannot get the microphone to work. When I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pyroapa, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

I plugged in my headphones to my PC, which have a built-in mic. I can hear music just fine. However, I cannot get the microphone to work. When I use the Voice Recorder app on Windows and hit record, it records the music I'm listening to. How do I set it up so that the voice recorder app records what I speak, rather than just recording what is playing in the background?

submitted by /u/pyroapa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pyroapa, Dec 18, 2020
  2. RajithR Win User

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Cortana can't hear music.

Here is the problem: Every time I try to get Cortana to listen to some music and tell me what the song is, Cortana says it can't hear it. It doesn't even try to listen, it just instantly says it can't hear and that I should check my microphone. The feature
    was working when I first got the laptop, but it doesn't work anymore.

I have a laptop that comes with a microphone built into it. I can use the microphone to talk to Cortana. I can say "Hey Cortana." and it will respond. It also excepts voice commands.

How do I get Cortana to hear music?

ChauniqueO'Garro, Dec 18, 2020
  4. I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi

I have the same problem and the proposed solutions have not helped.

Will appreciate any other solution to this problem.

NJInokotong, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

1. I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though. - Similar Threads - cannot microphone hear

2. Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone only playing the audio I am hearing?: I've used two sets of headphones with the same issue and tried them on a different hardware which worked perfectly fine on but not on this one for some reason. So I'm assuming it's some sort of hardware issue and need some help. Im trying my best to explain the situation but...
  3. why i keep hearing my voice in my headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i keep hearing my voice in my headset?: i kept hearing my own voice and ITS got me pretty annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-keep-hearing-my-voice-in-my-headset/0bf66c07-c6ac-4ca7-982b-e069a6aeea21
  4. Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone.: Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone-can-someone-help-me-i-cannot-hear-my/fc640a96-0daf-4495-99bc-08c590c3d750
  5. Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone.: Hi everyone. Can someone help me. I cannot hear my voice in microphone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone-can-someone-help-me-i-cannot-hear-my/fc640a96-0daf-4495-99bc-08c590c3d750
  6. I hear my voice when I'm on a call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I hear my voice when I'm on a call: Hi community, I have a problem. When i'm on a call like Discord, Wz web, etc... I hear the audio from my microphone, I use a headset with mic included that is connected in to my laptop by a usb adaptor, I can use it even with the jack but I prefer the usb cable. When I use it...
  7. I cannot hear

I cannot hear: Anybody know why my headphones have no sound coming from it? My headphones are not muted and the windows audio service is working. My headphones work as well. I have a Alienware Alpha R2 and I got it the year it came out. It is running windows 10. I have uninstalled and...
  8. Microphone Hearing my own voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Hearing my own voice: I would like to know how to hear my own voice with no delay, i have an Astro A10 headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-hearing-my-own-voice/660faad0-306f-44b5-9bd3-210909266933
  9. Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.

Windows will not pick up my Microphone even though I can hear my voice through it.: I've been trying to get my USB headset to work however windows does not seem to detect the microphone. If I speak into the microphone settings the green bars will not light up. However, if I go into settings and turn on the "Listen to this Device" option I can hear my voice...
  10. Skype cannot hear my microphone

Skype cannot hear my microphone: When I try to make a call on Skype I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. If I open sound in the control panel and go tho recording it shows on the RHS that my computer is haring my microphone and registers up to the highest bar so has plenty of volume but...