Windows 10: I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed.

Discus and support I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having one heck of a time trying to change my ‘OLD’ email address registered to MS Windows 10 changed.*Banghead When I follow the instructions to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JohnM72, Feb 14, 2019.

1. JohnM72 Win User

I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed.

I am having one heck of a time trying to change my ‘OLD’
    email address registered to MS Windows 10 changed.*Banghead When I follow the instructions to
    change my email address, I get a response that something is wrong! It doesn’t tell me what is
    wrong but to reenter the information. I have done this a couple of times with
    no success.
    I have Office 365 and I have no problems with getting into
    the admin center with my new e-mail. It was easy to work with them to make the
    change. My old email provider just canceled all the accounts with two months’
    notice and I have no contact with them. You can imagine what a headache that
    was!*Mad2 My new email provider is through Office 365 and although it costs a few
    bucks a year, I am very happy with the service and my own domain.
    Any suggestions?
    John

:)

JohnM72, Feb 14, 2019

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Change of email address

Hi Eddie,

For us to better assist you with this concern with the change in email address, we need to ask a few questions:

• How exactly are you accessing your email account? Is it through a web browser, Microsoft Office or any other mail client?
    • How did you change your email address?
    • Have you set the new email address as a primary alias?
    • Have you removed the old email address if you no longer want to use it?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 14, 2019
  4. I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed.

Win10 Reservation - I used the wrong email address

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and look for the suggestions provided by one of our MVP Andre Da Costa replied on June 3, 2015:

Changing Of email Address for windows 10 reservation

However you may cancel the current reservation and reserve again with the correct email address. Follow the below steps to cancel the reservation:

• Right click on the Get Windows 10 App or Windows icon located in right end of the taskbar.
    • Select “Check your upgrade status”.
    • Select “Cancel reservation”.
    Now reserve the Windows 10 once again with your correct email address.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed.

1. I cannot get my Windows 10 email address changed. - Similar Threads - cannot email address

2. I cannot understand h simplyow to change my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot understand h simplyow to change my email address.: My old email address was closed some time ago by my ISP Waitrose. When I simply seek to change to a gmail account - and I have successfully managed this with almost everyone else - I am completely frustrated as I have to sign in with a non-existent email address and the...
  3. I cannot understand h simplyow to change my email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot understand h simplyow to change my email address.: My old email address was closed some time ago by my ISP Waitrose. When I simply seek to change to a gmail account - and I have successfully managed this with almost everyone else - I am completely frustrated as I have to sign in with a non-existent email address and the...
  4. I cannot understand h simplyow to change my email address.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  6. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  7. change my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change my email address: my listed email is now disabled and I have a new email address, how do I update it as I cant receive to my old address. my new email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Change my email address

Change my email address: I have an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that I no longer use. My current email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How do I delete the hotmail email address and keep my gmail address on this computer....
  9. Changing email address in Windows 10

Changing email address in Windows 10: My husband recently passed away. I need to change the email address on our laptop to mine, as his has been discontinued. Can you tell me an easy way to change the email. Also, how can I make myself the administrator. Thank you...
  10. I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline...

I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline...: I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline all connections. How to change administrator name ?...