Windows 10: I cannot get October update through Windows Update?

Discus and support I cannot get October update through Windows Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today is 06-Nov-18 and I have been click the button "Check for update" several times to get Windows October Update but it seems unavailable for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WalkerBD, Nov 5, 2018.

1. WalkerBD Win User

I cannot get October update through Windows Update?

Today is 06-Nov-18 and I have been click the button "Check for update" several times to get Windows October Update but it seems unavailable for me.

That version was permanently stop?

When can I get it?

:)

WalkerBD, Nov 5, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 5, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Nov 5, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. I cannot get October update through Windows Update? - Similar Threads - cannot October update

2. Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please about the toggle that you have to turn on in windows update that allows you to receive updates when they are released. I was wanting to now something since I do not have this toggle turned on in windows update will I receive...
  3. Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to have the toggle on to receive updates through october: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question please about the toggle that you have to turn on in windows update that allows you to receive updates when they are released. I was wanting to now something since I do not have this toggle turned on in windows update will I receive...
  4. Unable to get the update through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get the update through Windows Update: I am running Windows 11 Canary on my one laptop. For the last few days, I have been unable to get the update by Windows Update.Is there another way to get updated when Windows Update doesn't work?There is no error message, nothing it just says no update. This is very...
  5. Unable to get the update through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get the update through Windows Update: I am running Windows 11 Canary on my one laptop. For the last few days, I have been unable to get the update by Windows Update.Is there another way to get updated when Windows Update doesn't work?There is no error message, nothing it just says no update. This is very...
  6. Will I ever get the "October" update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I ever get the "October" update?: When I heard about the October update last year I was excited about some of the new features, particularly the Smartphone integration. Then the negative news hit about the update. I recall seeing advice (from Microsoft I believe) never to manually check for new updates, but...
  7. Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Staying up to date with the latest Windows Update releases keeps your device safe and running efficiently. Click the link ⬇️ to check to see if you have the latest update release. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update [ATTACH]...
  8. Having installed the October Update will I get the revised Update installed?

Having installed the October Update will I get the revised Update installed?: I installed the October Update (KB41003437) before Microsoft stopped issuing. It so my Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) was then at 1809 OS Build 17134.285. So if I have installed the Old October update will the new October update still be installed? Should say I haven't noticed...
  9. windows october update

windows october update: i have updated to the latest version of windows and now i got the news that on some computers the update has deleted files. will i get any updates regarding this? including for those who are still running in the latest version?...
  10. I cannot see Windows 10 October update in my Windows update

I cannot see Windows 10 October update in my Windows update: When I click Check for updates in Windows update, it says No updates are available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-cannot-see-windows-10-october-update-in-my/7a90e8b4-7ba7-4e2f-bd07-948b4b3ab3cc