Windows 10: I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...

Discus and support I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get out of s mode. Went to MS store and the get button is grayed out. I am an administrator on this computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian O Drummond, Feb 6, 2023.

1. I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...

I cannot get out of s mode. Went to MS store and the get button is grayed out. I am an administrator on this computer.

:)

Brian O Drummond, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Kinimod Win User

User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Problem solved after a lot of fiddling around, by following the solution I linked to above, except:

• To boot into safe mode, I had to press Enter while GRUB was showing (I use a dual-boot system). Just letting it time out with "Windows 10" selected as I usually do would not work, Windows would not boot at all or boot into regular mode.
    • In safe mode, I was able to log in as administrator by just leaving the password field empty.
    • After resetting the administrator password as suggested, it is no longer empty, Windows changes it to "password", which I luckily found out in a desparate attempt to guess it. I was then able to complete the rest of the steps in the linked article and restore my administrator privileges. Who would have guessed it works like that.

Kinimod, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Purchase Buttons on Windows Store Grayed Out

Hello,

I am unable to purchase games or apps on the Windows Store. All games/apps show this gray button where the purchase/download button should be. I have looked online everywhere and have not found a solutions. To make matters worse, I cannot sign out directly in the app or access the app settings, because every time I do, the application freezes.

• My windows is up to date
    • I have tried signing into a local account
    • I have tried disabling my firsewall
    • I have tried repairing and resetting the Microsoft Store
    • I have tried clearing the local cache of the store
    • I have tried updating the Microsoft Store
    • I have run the windows troubleshooter
    What can I do to fix this?

I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on... a9ee418a-37b0-4dba-8a9e-008d7772c300?upload=true.png

JimboBenkins, Feb 6, 2023
  4. CeliaZora Win User

I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...

Windows 10 - Store doesn't load - Uninstall option is grayed out

When I click on Store icon, it flashes but does not open. Several Apps have "!" in lower right-hand corner and when I click, I get a message that the app will not load, check the Store. Store does not open.

I've read the uninstall / reinstall suggestions. However, when I open the list of Apps and find Store, the uninstall button is grayed out. I am afraid to use the PowerShell command. If I do use the PowerShell command to uninstall store, how do I get the
    Store back?

CeliaZora, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...

1. I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on... - Similar Threads - cannot mode button

2. I cannot get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get out of s mode: I am trying desperately to get out of s mode, clicking the link on Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support, doesnt do a thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/ceafb459-8db2-407a-a524-f2d4ad2984ba
  3. I cannot get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get out of s mode: I am trying desperately to get out of s mode, clicking the link on Switching out of S mode in Windows - Microsoft Support, doesnt do a thing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/ceafb459-8db2-407a-a524-f2d4ad2984ba
  4. I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get out of s mode. The GET button is gray in the store. I am an administrator on...: I cannot get out of s mode. Went to MS store and the get button is grayed out. I am an administrator on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-the-get-button-is-gray/12abd1b6-d56c-47c9-84b3-a5bc72d30bae
  5. Cannot get out of S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get out of S mode: Hi,I am trying to switch of S mode however, It seems there is not button to even switch like there is usually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/bcc58b17-45fa-4804-9066-dc5909c74cfe
  6. Cannot get out of S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get out of S mode: Hi,I am trying to switch of S mode however, It seems there is not button to even switch like there is usually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode/bcc58b17-45fa-4804-9066-dc5909c74cfe
  7. Windows S Mode - 'Get' button greyed out/cannot switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows S Mode - 'Get' button greyed out/cannot switch out of s mode: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] I cannot switch my laptop out of windows s mode. The 'Get' button is greyed out/disabled see above and will not allow me to switch and just use windows home mode. I have just setup my new laptop Lenovo ideapad 5 and updated my Microsoft store to...
  8. Can't Get my Dell Inspiron out of S Mode. Get Button is Grayed Out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Get my Dell Inspiron out of S Mode. Get Button is Grayed Out: I can't get my brand new laptop out of s mode and it's pissing me off. The get button is grayed out and i would love some help. It's supposed to be easy peasy to do and can be done on this laptop. Before you give me generic advice that's already all over the internet, I've...
  9. I cannot get out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot get out of S mode: I bought a new laptop today, inside was the paperwork to take i tout of S mode. When I go into Settings/Update & Security/ Activision.......I DO see the "Upgrade your edition of Windows" Sol it says If you see that, "Be careful NOT to click on Go to the store" Ok.... Well...
  10. S Mode Get Button will not work and I can't get out of S MODE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    S Mode Get Button will not work and I can't get out of S MODE: Purchased new laptop. Purchased Windows 10 PRO to get out of S Mode. No matter what I do, my Get button to switch out of S Mode will not work. Please help....