Windows 10: I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

Discus and support I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alex Brown4, Mar 15, 2024.

1. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I click Set my PIN nothing happens.There is also a Sign in Options when I click on that I get the option to use my password or Pin . Nothing happens when I make a selection. All the advice I have sought has done nothing to rectify my problem.

:)

Alex Brown4, Mar 15, 2024

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 15, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 15, 2024
  4. rmanasa Win User

I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 15, 2024
Thema:

I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

1. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop - Similar Threads - cannot past login

2. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop: A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I click Set my PIN nothing happens.There is also a Sign...
  3. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop: A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I click Set my PIN nothing happens.There is also a Sign...
  4. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  5. Cannot get past the windows login screen

Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  6. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen

Automatic Repair Loop - Cannot Get Past Login Screen: Hello, Recently Windows ran an automatic update on my system Dell Inspiron 3847 and when it restarted the system never got past the boot screen. Looking up troubleshooting methods on my tablet I was able to do a system restore but when the system restarted, once again I...
  9. I can’t get past the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t get past the login screen: My laptop won’t let me get past the login screen, when I boot it up it gets to where the login page should be but no prompt to enter my password pops up. I’ve tried start up repair and resetting my laptop but it just says something like “can’t reset computer nothing was...
  10. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...