Windows 10: I cannot get rid of my system administrator

Discus and support I cannot get rid of my system administrator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot not matter what I try to get rid of my system administrator. I just wanted my account so when I boot my computer I am prompted with my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amie Jensen, Mar 19, 2024.

1. I cannot get rid of my system administrator

I cannot not matter what I try to get rid of my system administrator. I just wanted my account so when I boot my computer I am prompted with my login option. The last person to use this computer is no longer with the company so has no idea what her password was. Therefore when I try to use the UAC, or the command prompt, or change anything about the computer I am not able to do so because I don't have her password. I have tried adding new users but it wont let me do that. I have tried everything I can think of. I don't recall trying to switch users being so hard. I want to delete any tra

:)

Amie Jensen, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. I cannot get rid of my system administrator :)

Sajer, Mar 19, 2024
  3. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Turn Restricted Mode on or off on YouTube - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 19, 2024
  4. jimbobs Win User

I cannot get rid of my system administrator

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

I cannot get rid of my system administrator

1. I cannot get rid of my system administrator - Similar Threads - cannot rid system

2. Cannot get rid of "administrator" restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of "administrator" restrictions: For decades we have referred to computers as "PC" .PC....as in PERSONAL COMPUTER !Somebody at this company forgot this . I bought a PERSONAL COMPUTERthat has managed to lock me out from myself !GREAT JOB How do I turn off stupid administrator nonsense and ANY FORM OF LOGIN ?I...
  3. Cannot get rid of "administrator" restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get rid of "administrator" restrictions: For decades we have referred to computers as "PC" .PC....as in PERSONAL COMPUTER !Somebody at this company forgot this . I bought a PERSONAL COMPUTERthat has managed to lock me out from myself !GREAT JOB How do I turn off stupid administrator nonsense and ANY FORM OF LOGIN ?I...
  4. cannot get rid of administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get rid of administrator: I was reading up on how to remove administrator account that I never wanted in the first place .I copied a reply given here in this forum . It reads :Copy/paste is not working !! Simply unbelievable .I had copied the reply to show how utterly convoluted and incomprehensible...
  5. cannot get rid of administrator

cannot get rid of administrator: I was reading up on how to remove administrator account that I never wanted in the first place .I copied a reply given here in this forum . It reads :Copy/paste is not working !! Simply unbelievable .I had copied the reply to show how utterly convoluted and incomprehensible...
  6. I cannot get rid of my system administrator

I cannot get rid of my system administrator: I cannot not matter what I try to get rid of my system administrator. I just wanted my account so when I boot my computer I am prompted with my login option. The last person to use this computer is no longer with the company so has no idea what her password was. Therefore...
  7. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  8. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. If anyone knows what's going on could you please tell me what it is and how to fix it as...
  9. There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.: Recently I am downloading games for Steam. I find it the downloading speed is really slow and I open edge to check on it. And my edge settings are gone wrong, from a default English interface change into a Czech language then Bulgarian then Praha, there is a cookies agreement...
  10. Extra Administrator Account I Can't Get Rid Of!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Extra Administrator Account I Can't Get Rid Of!: I have been having some issues. And in the end, this will be about my adminsitrative account. I was trying to enable wake on lan. And it was't working. I enabled wake on lan in the bios. But one issue I had was trying to click to prevent windows from shutting down my usb...