Windows 10: i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path

Discus and support i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I really need help with this. I have MS OFFICE HOme and Business 2013 installed on my computer OS Windows 10 Home and recently I have been gettting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warren G. Williams, Dec 21, 2019.

1. i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path

Hi I really need help with this. I have MS OFFICE HOme and Business 2013 installed on my computer OS Windows 10 Home and recently I have been gettting this message "C:\\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0x64_8weky.... then below that I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Here are some of the solutions tried:

1. I unhid the folder, then I went to security tab and gave permissions to folder - still get message

2. Uninstalled MS Office 2013 still get message I reinstalled

3. I did a system restore to an earlier date before I started getting message

Where or what do I do now?

:)

Warren G. Williams, Dec 21, 2019

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Cannot access path, no permission

Hello cgherman, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the link I have provided for you to follow more solutions in case method 1 doesn't help.

The causes of your problem may be:

-You do not have permissions to the file or the file location.

-The file is on a location that is not currently accessible like a network location or an external drive that is not currently connected to the PC.

-The file has been moved or deleted.

-The file or shortcut is corrupt.

-The file may be blocked by Windows.

-Your antivirus software may be blocking the file.

Method 1: Check the permission of the file or folder

-Right-click the file or folder, and then select Properties.

-Select the Security tab.

-Under Group or User names, click your name to see the permissions you have. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

-Select Edit, and then select to check the check boxes for the permissions that you need, and then select OK. (The screenshot for this step is listed below).

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/266924...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Dec 21, 2019
  4. i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path

1. i cannot get rid of the message cannot access specific path - Similar Threads - cannot rid message

2. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of this trojan: basically, i was using my pc and then i check my window security and then there is a trojan called "Trojan:Win32/MpTamperBulkExcel.H" and i cannot get rid of it, i tried full scan, offline scan and even clean my temp file.additional info : here this is the affected item,...
  3. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get rid of this trojan: basically, i was using my pc and then i check my window security and then there is a trojan called "Trojan:Win32/MpTamperBulkExcel.H" and i cannot get rid of it, i tried full scan, offline scan and even clean my temp file.additional info : here this is the affected item,...
  4. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. The desktop cannot access a specific website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The desktop cannot access a specific website: The computer cannot access the specific website http://m.sdgsport.com/Other computers can visit the website of Weifang Port of Shandong High Speed GroupBut this computer cannotBecause this is a customer's desktop, I don't know his network environment and the router he uses so...
  6. Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message ":Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. ": I have the error :Windows cannot access the specific device...etc. Unable to download anything. Please helpI have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-windows-cannot-access-the-specific/e65ee820-8fc7-4e19-941f-c64d357e69fd
  7. windows cannot access path error

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows cannot access path error: I have given full control to the folder and its contents but local exe files still bring the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-path-error/9fe8a07c-1391-4ee2-ab93-bddb2c0b02db
  8. cannot get permission to access device,path or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot get permission to access device,path or file: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access item. I have checked in PROPERTIES but all the permissions are greyed out. Your help would be appreciated. thank you...
  9. Cannot access path, no permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access path, no permission: Using xplorer2, I cannot open an external viewer for any file type. I get the error message that widows cannot access the specified path for xplorer2 does not have permission. All other browser programs can open an external program to view any file type, so there seems no...
  10. windows cannot access the specified path

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows cannot access the specified path: I downloaded itunes on my windows 10 but when i try to open it says windows cannot access the specified device path and it only happens to apps downloaded from app store not to the apps downloaded from other weebsites. kindly provide me the possible solution for this i need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///c:/program files/windowsapps/microsoft.microsoftofficehub_18.1910.1283.0x64_8weky error