Windows 10: I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler

Discus and support I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot get my Intel NUC to wake up using the task scheduler. It is running Windows 10 version 1903. I am using How to Schedule Windows to Schedule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosmarchy, May 25, 2020.

1. cosmarchy Win User

I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler

I cannot get my Intel NUC to wake up using the task scheduler. It is running Windows 10 version 1903.

I am using How to Schedule Windows to Schedule it to Wake up and Goto Sleep a guide and so to start with I have disabled hibernation using:
    via the command line.

I have a sleep batch file containing:
    which does successfully put the PC to sleep.

I have a wake batch file containing:
    which in combination with the task scheduler does not wake the PC.

For the sleep side of things, the task scheduler is configured to run only when a user is logged on and the trigger was arbitrarily set for a few minutes after I configured the task.
    The action is start a program and the program/script was set to the sleep batch file.

All well and good as this works.

Now for the wake task. It is also configured to run only when a user is logged on and the trigger was set for 2 mins after the sleep occurred. The action was again start a program but the program/script was set to the wake batch file. Under conditions I had wake the computer to run this task was set.

The wake task just doesn't wake the PC. I have tried creating another account with admin rights and using this with run whether a user is logged in or not set and also with run with highest privileges set but neither seem to work.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would not work?

Thanks

:)

cosmarchy, May 25, 2020

2. Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 25, 2020
  3. Scheduled Tasks Not Waking Computer

Hi Michael,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• To wake up your Windows computer from Sleep mode at a fixed time, type
      Task Scheduler
      in Search bar and hit Enter.
    • In the right side, select Create Task. A new window will open. Here under the
      General tab, fill in the Name and Description. Also check,
      Run with highest privileges.
    • Under the Triggers tab, click New. Another window will open. Select
      One time (or Daily if you want it repeated every day at a particular time). Set the Date and Time when you want your system to wake up from Sleep.
    • Next under the Actions tab, you have to mention a task. Click
      New. You can run a simple task, like say, first launching & then closing the command prompt window. This thus will wake your system at the pre-set time to carry out the task.
    • Select Action as : Start a program. To schedule a task that executes the command
      cmd.exe with command line arguments, copy-paste under Program/script
    /c “exit”

6. Under Conditions tab, check on the Wake the computer to run this task check-box. Click
    OK and Exit Task Scheduler. Click OK
    and Exit Task Scheduler. Your computer will wake up from Sleep at the particular time.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 25, 2020
  4. B11UP Win User

Make PC wake up using task scheduler

Hi, and Merry Christmas!

I need some help trying to get my PC to wake up itself every morning using the task scheduler in Win 10 Pro (64 bit).

I have already setup the task scheduler to make my PC go to sleep every night, which works fine. The waking up bit doesn't work.

I have an Asus Z-170P motherboard with the latest BIOS installed. I have tried using the BIOS power settings to wake the PC up every morning but that doesn't work either. I have to press any key on the keyboard to wake the PC. Their tech support have said
    something in Win 10 Pro is interfering with the process?

I have installed the latest Intel MEI driver installed. I have enabled Wake Timers in the power plan options too. I have also ticked "Wake up this computer" option in the task scheduler (just instructing it to run cmd.exe). But still no luck.

Any other ideas please?

Thank you.

B11UP, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot get the PC to wake up using task scheduler - Similar Threads - cannot wake using

2. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  3. Scheduled Task will not Wake PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Task will not Wake PC: I have a process to backup my laptop to my NAS. This is scheduled to run, with Task Scheduler, as 22:30 each evening. The process used to wake the PC and run successfully on my old laptop, but fails to wake my new HP Pavilion 15-eg3016na. Instead, the process runs as soon as...
  4. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  5. How do I configure Task Scheduler to run a task every time PC wakes up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I configure Task Scheduler to run a task every time PC wakes up from sleep?: My laptop has a bug where the dedicated GPU consumes power every time it is woken up from sleep (ie I open the lid). The workaround is restarting the dGPU. I wrote a simple powershell script to restart it. In Task scheduler I configured to run the script at every logon....
  6. I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler: I ran Task Scheduler as Admin, created a one time task by going to Actions > Start a Program > Typed ion shutdown with -s option. Even a refresh in task scheduler does not show my created task in Active Tasks. I have checked show hidden, still nothing. In...
  7. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  8. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  9. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480