Windows 10: I Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even After Edit

Discus and support I Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even After Edit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently updated to version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro and had the search icon placed in my taskbar. If I right-click to hide it, it simply reappears in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aggort, May 27, 2019.

1. Aggort Win User

I Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even After Edit

Recently updated to version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro and had the search icon placed in my taskbar. If I right-click to hide it, it simply reappears in a few moments and changes the setting back. It was persistent so I attempted to hide it via the SearchboxTaskbarMode key in the registry. No luck. It was then I realized that if I changed the key in the registry the search icon would only reappear if something refreshed my graphics driver. For example, anytime my screen sleeps, if I use ctrl+shift+win+b, if I change my monitor projection settings (WIN+P), and anything else of the sort.

I am stumped and this is officially the oddest issue I have ever encountered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Aggort, May 27, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 27, 2019
  3. ITshadow Win User
    ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, May 27, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even After Edit - Similar Threads - Cannot Search Icon

2. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  3. Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons or "Hidden Icons" Keep Getting Turned Off: My Taskbar Icons "used to be SysTray Icons" keep getting "Hidden" even though I turn them on. After a week or so, they get turned back off. Very annoying and there used to be a way to turn them ALL on prior to Windows 11 and now they're managed individually. The icons that I...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar not staying automatically hidden after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar not staying automatically hidden after sleep.: Automatically hide taskbar unchecks itself after sleep dual monitors. Shut down / restart does not cause this problem.This has been an issue for a long time now. All "solutions" posted online do not work - please advise if Windows 11 update will be looking into this....
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar not staying automatically hidden after sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar not staying automatically hidden after sleep.: Automatically hide taskbar unchecks itself after sleep dual monitors. Shut down / restart does not cause this problem.This has been an issue for a long time now. All "solutions" posted online do not work - please advise if Windows 11 update will be looking into this....
  6. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  7. Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar: Apps such as steam, discord, wallpaper engine minimize to the hidden tray whether I click the close or minimize button, and it is frustrating. Other programs, like Kaspersky anti-virus or windows defender minimize to the task bar when I click minimize, so it might be a bug....
  8. Taskbar search - Hidden option not there.

in Cortana
    Taskbar search - Hidden option not there.: Split from this thread. Hello all! I clicked on the taskbar to follow these directions ->"To manage the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) an empty spot on the taskbar and select Search. This will give you three options: Select Hidden to hide...
  9. Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even if I Edit the Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Get the Search Icon to Stay Hidden on Taskbar Even if I Edit the Registry: Recently updated to version 1903 of Windows 10 Pro build 18362.116 and had the search icon placed in my taskbar. If I right-click to hide it, it simply reappears in a few moments and changes the setting back. It was persistent so I attempted to hide it via the...
  10. Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search: Hoping this is the right board. A guy in my office just upgraded to windows 10 and it looks completely different from other installations I've seen. The start button isn't the 4 equally-sized rectangles, the top left one is hollow and bigger than the other 3, if that means...