Windows 10: I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates

Discus and support I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I stop automatic restart associated with updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertoPellizzari, Nov 27, 2020.

1. I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates

How can I stop automatic restart associated with updates?

:)

RobertoPellizzari, Nov 27, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 27, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 27, 2020
  4. I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates

Windows 10 - Automatic Update doesn't automatically restart the computer at requested time

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.
    From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with automatic reboot in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates

1. I cannot have computer restart automatically due to updates - Similar Threads - cannot computer restart

2. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  3. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  4. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer restarting to due hardware failure

Computer restarting to due hardware failure: My computer keeps restarting randomly. it can go days without a restart but recently I got this error code from "reliability app" but I'm not sure where to look. I haven't changed any hardware and everything is a year or less old...
  6. Computer restarting due to bugcheck was: 0x0000007e

Computer restarting due to bugcheck was: 0x0000007e: Pc keeps restarting and event viewer shows this message, i have 3 dump files but am unsure how to upload a link to them via one drive, any help would be appreciated...
  7. computer restarted automatically

computer restarted automatically: here is the text from event log can anyone tell what could have caused it Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29-10-2020 10.27.59 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  8. Computer automatically restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts.: Hi All. I would very much appreciate some help on this one. I am having an intermittent issue where my computer restarts while I am in the middle of something. I would appreciate some help in knowing on how to problem solve this issue and where can I begin to look. Many...
  9. Computer automatically restarts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer automatically restarts.: Hi All. I would very much appreciate some help on this one. I am having an intermittent issue where my computer restarts while I am in the middle of something. I would appreciate some help in knowing on how to problem solve this issue and where can I begin to look. Many...
  10. preventing restart due to updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    preventing restart due to updates: hi, I think this is a reasonable request, I want my PC to never restart due to updates until I restart it. Is this possible nowadays? I've tried looking in settings and there's 'Show a notification when a restart is required' option but, today, as happened previous, I didn't...