Windows 10: I cannot hear Cortana

Discus and support I cannot hear Cortana in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have installed US English language pack on my Windows 10 PC, including text-to-speech, typewriting etc. But I have a problem with Cortana: she can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angela Johnson9, Jan 7, 2019.

1. I cannot hear Cortana

I have installed US English language pack on my Windows 10 PC, including text-to-speech, typewriting etc. But I have a problem with Cortana: she can hear me but I cannot hear her. She is muted

:)

Angela Johnson9, Jan 7, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
      Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 7, 2019
  4. I cannot hear Cortana

Cortana can't hear me

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.

Speakers/Headphones.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

I cannot hear Cortana

1. I cannot hear Cortana - Similar Threads - cannot hear Cortana

2. Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?

in Cortana
    Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?: I asked Cortana to tell the time and other things but Cortana is mishearing or cannot hear me. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-cannot-hear-me-properly-and-cannot/3b7ed31c-87cf-4cdd-9ef2-c927634cd6ff
  3. Cortana Can’t Hear Me

in Cortana
    Cortana Can’t Hear Me: Cortana Can’t Hear Me When I try to use audio commands for Cortana, it does not work. See enclosed screenshots. What am I doing wrong? Jerry 5/12/17 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me: Whenever I go on tablet mode and exit, sometimes my desktop icons don't even show up, and I also say stuff to Cortana, but the words appear on the screen and then Cortana says: "Sorry, I didn't get that." Help!!!...
  5. Cortana can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/bce75771-6b05-49fc-9bd0-c5aa1e267e16
  6. I cannot hear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot hear: Anybody know why my headphones have no sound coming from it? My headphones are not muted and the windows audio service is working. My headphones work as well. I have a Alienware Alpha R2 and I got it the year it came out. It is running windows 10. I have uninstalled and...
  7. cortana does not hear me

in Cortana
    cortana does not hear me: I have two accounts on my PC. Cortana stopped hearing me on one account, but works fine on the other. I have no idea why and didn't change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-hear-me/8d052349-6995-4543-93e6-03e1fe881ed7"
  8. Cortana hears but does not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears but does not respond: I use Cortana to get stock prices so usually, for example when working correctly, I will ask; "Exxon stock price" and receive reply. Lately, I know Cortana hears because the words show up at bottom of screen but after several seconds Cortana responds "sorry I didn't get...
  9. cortana cant hear me

in Cortana
    cortana cant hear me: hey i have set up the mic and everything recently after an update cortana is turning on but not taking up what i say how do i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/289d8b7d-0395-47e5-8bd0-88651d427db8"
  10. Cortana cannot hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot hear me: Hi, I built a new computer and all is good, except that Cortana cannot hear me. I have tried my headset mic and USB mic, both show levels when I speak, but Cortana cannot recognize my voice. I have the following: Windows 10 (all up-to-date) Asus RoG Strix X399...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant hear cortana windows 10