Windows 10: I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account

Discus and support I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The problem described here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HannahTaylor5, Apr 18, 2021.

1. I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account

The problem described here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/problem-getting-minecraft-for-windows-10-was/474d2655-b979-44f2-b33e-e56da5b38be4

is exactly what I am experiencing right now. I downloaded Minecraft, but it will not allow me to install it on my computer. I have completed the troubleshooting tips in the above thread and nothing has changed. Please advise.

:)

HannahTaylor5, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Apr 18, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account

1. I cannot install a game because it says I am not signed in to my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - cannot install game

2. I cannot sign in to my microsoft account from account settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot sign in to my microsoft account from account settings: I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. In doing so I changed the email associated with and the password of my microsoft account. When I attempt to login from windows 10 I am prompted with a second screen that tells me my password is incorrect. I've entered the previous...
  3. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  4. I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign in on my laptop after signing in on Microsoft account.: The last thing i did on my windows 11 laptop was link my microsoft account on it before shutting down. Now i can't use my computer because it's not doing anything everytime i click sign in on the home screen. When i click the sign in button i see 'welcome' for a brief moment...
  5. Says we cant sign into my account even tho i am signed in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says we cant sign into my account even tho i am signed in?: So i accidentally unplugged my pc and then once i went back on it said "we cant sign into your account" so after some time i managed to sign in but it still says we cant sign into your account even tho i am and i have a bunch of temp files under the users file what do i do?...
  6. Says we cant sign into my account even tho i am signed in?

Says we cant sign into my account even tho i am signed in?: So i accidentally unplugged my pc and then once i went back on it said "we cant sign into your account" so after some time i managed to sign in but it still says we cant sign into your account even tho i am and i have a bunch of temp files under the users file what do i do?...
  7. I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...: How do I sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-sign-inti-my-microsoft-account-on/db145774-1413-449f-a2bd-956c5ea50384
  8. I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...

I am trying to sign inti my microsoft account on my laptop and it is saying incorrect...: How do I sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-sign-inti-my-microsoft-account-on/db145774-1413-449f-a2bd-956c5ea50384
  9. I cannot sign in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot sign in my microsoft account: The window where I can sign in doesn't show up. It requires that I go to store to find app. I cannot find any app though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in-my-microsoft-account/9ddf5003-8d5d-40ef-9d04-45d82cfcecf0
  10. I cannot sign in to my account in the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot sign in to my account in the microsoft store: i wanted to sign in my microsoft account to my microsoft store to download some apps but i cannot sign in nad it always says the same thing "Something went wrong, please try again, 0x70070781" and even when i created another account, it still didnt work... ive searched online...