Windows 10: I cannot install drivers for the printer

Discus and support I cannot install drivers for the printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot install the drivers for my printer Brother MFC7860DW. I’ve downloaded these drivers and started the installation programme. However, during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClemensFelix, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I cannot install drivers for the printer

I cannot install the drivers for my printer Brother MFC7860DW. I’ve downloaded these drivers and started the installation programme. However, during the installation I receive a message asking me if I want to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I set the USB connection and did everything according to the instructions. But suddenly, installation process ceased.

:)

ClemensFelix, Oct 13, 2018

2. "No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 13, 2018
  3. error 0X800f0214 when installing printer driver - Microsoft Community

Hi Plamen,

It could be the driver is not installed properly or has got corrupted. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Aside from installing the printer device, were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and see if the issue persists. We highly suggest to check the website of the manufacturer of the said printer to know the compatible driver for your current
    Windows 10 build.

As a reference, we also suggest that you check this article to troubleshoot printer problems for Windows 10.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 13, 2018
  4. I cannot install drivers for the printer

Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

I cannot install drivers for the printer

1. I cannot install drivers for the printer - Similar Threads - cannot install drivers

2. driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver for hp envy 6432e printer cannot be installed: Can anyone help with a similar problem - I have been using an hp envy 6432e printer with Windows 10 on my PC. Then on June 16th, the printer would not take instructions from the PC to print a doc. Scanning, copying and everything else still works, but not printing. The driver...
  3. CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.: Cannot install the proper drivers for my printers.I have the drives on my computer but when I try to install it, the printer preference says the command cannot be completed....
  4. CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.: Cannot install the proper drivers for my printers.I have the drives on my computer but when I try to install it, the printer preference says the command cannot be completed....
  5. Cannot install printer driver -- constantly interrupted, but printer spooler shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install printer driver -- constantly interrupted, but printer spooler shows...: So, one of the guys at work has been having trouble connecting to our Canon imageRunner Advance c3525i networked multifunction printer. I'm trying to install the latest print driver and am having all sorts of problems with the install not working. Seems like it's an issue w/...
  6. Cannot install printer driver -- constantly interrupted, but printer spooler shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install printer driver -- constantly interrupted, but printer spooler shows...: So, one of the guys at work has been having trouble connecting to our Canon imageRunner Advance c3525i networked multifunction printer. I'm trying to install the latest print driver and am having all sorts of problems with the install not working. Seems like it's an issue w/...
  7. Cannot install printer driver -- constantly interrupted, but printer spooler shows...

8. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  9. Cannot install Canon printer drivers

Cannot install Canon printer drivers: The scan function on my Canon Maxify 2120 stopped working on my wireless Dell laptop. I thought it was a driver problem but I was not able to install the Canon printer drivers because my printer "could not be found" even though it shows up as a printer in Windows 10 on my...
  10. Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!

Windows 10 - Cannot install HP printer drivers!!: I use Windows 10 professional on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. I purchased an HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-In-One printer this past weekend. I am completely unable to install the printer software. I have tried multiple times. I disabled all internet security software Malwarebytes - not...