Windows 10: I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

Discus and support I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't install windows on my PC. I've tried literally everything on every forum. The only factor left is a general issue I'm having, so I'm hoping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Griffin Derr, Jan 24, 2023.

1. I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

I can't install windows on my PC. I've tried literally everything on every forum. The only factor left is a general issue I'm having, so I'm hoping fixing that will fix the issue. I can't install new programs; not without this workaround:1. Go to "Windows Security" > App & browser control2. Select "Exploit protection settings" > Program settings3. Click "Add a program to customize" and select the Unity standalone installer, e.g. UnitySetup64-2022.1.2f1.exe Standalone installer from Unity download archive4. Find "Force randomization for images Mandatory ASLR"5. Click override syst

:)

Griffin Derr, Jan 24, 2023

2. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting this message
    "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    when you are trying to launch a game. This might be due to the corrupt display drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Does this issue occur to this particular game?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps,

I suggest you to uninstall the Display Adapter drivers from Device manager and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Follow the steps for the same.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Install the latest driver from the manufacturer website.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 24, 2023
  4. I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

1. I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution. - Similar Threads - cannot install programs

2. I do not have a spare mouse lying around. My touchpad is not working I cannot right or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have a spare mouse lying around. My touchpad is not working I cannot right or...: Ughhhhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-a-spare-mouse-lying-around-my/75759c1d-8b3b-4dd7-80cd-79be07cb2948
  3. I do not have a spare mouse lying around. My touchpad is not working I cannot right or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have a spare mouse lying around. My touchpad is not working I cannot right or...: Ughhhhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-a-spare-mouse-lying-around-my/75759c1d-8b3b-4dd7-80cd-79be07cb2948
  4. I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.: I can't install windows on my PC. I've tried literally everything on every forum. The only factor left is a general issue I'm having, so I'm hoping fixing that will fix the issue. I can't install new programs; not without this workaround:1. Go to "Windows Security" > App &...
  5. I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot install programs, I have a work around, but I need a solution.: I can't install windows on my PC. I've tried literally everything on every forum. The only factor left is a general issue I'm having, so I'm hoping fixing that will fix the issue. I can't install new programs; not without this workaround:1. Go to "Windows Security" > App &...
  6. Windows update is not working, I have searched and cannot find a solution, help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is not working, I have searched and cannot find a solution, help!: I am not sure when Windows Update stopped working. I am running Windows 10, version 1909, build 18369.1556. I have tried everything to get it to work. The event logs do not show any errors. I updated all of my Dell Precision 7510 drivers, uninstalled Acronis backup, deleted a...
  7. I cannot find some of the programs I have registered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cannot find some of the programs I have registered: I must have more than one account. I cannot find some of the programs I have registered. I recently had someone called Dr. Laptop install a new SSD because my HD had packed up. He put some unregistered version of Windows 10 on it and I cannot register it or personalise or...
  8. Cannot Install a program I purchased

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Install a program I purchased: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I'm trying to download McAfee software I purchased with my laptop, and it will not let me because of administrative rights. How do I change this so I have rights to my own computer?...
  9. I CANNOT OPEN MICROSOFT STORE AND I NEED A REAL SOLUTION

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I CANNOT OPEN MICROSOFT STORE AND I NEED A REAL SOLUTION: I have posted this question before. I never received a solution that works for me. I still cannot open the microsoft store. I have recorded what happens since I can't seem to explain it in a way that people can understand: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AufjaV6CvU88nBzraxbwsKqz0DIn...
  10. i need a solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need a solution: [ATTACH]i have this problem that win i open a programe this pop up window shows up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-need-a-solution/b1370036-d1d9-4527-899a-2688bb8abefe