Windows 10: I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

Discus and support I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DilbertW01, Mar 9, 2020.

1. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...21724.how-dns-aging-and-scavenging-works.aspx

However, when I attempt to do the import-module DnsShell, I get the following:

PS C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules> Import-Module DnsShell
    Import-Module : The specified module 'DnsShell' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Import-Module DnsShell
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: DnsShell:String [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

I confirmed the DnsShell subdirectory and contents of the DnsShell.zip in it are located at that Modules directory. This path is in my $envI cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module :pSModulePath.

What am I missing?

:)

DilbertW01, Mar 9, 2020

2. Windows Powershell ISE Cannot Find the ISE Module

For some reason all the sudden when I start windows Powershell ISE it now states in red that

ipmo : The specified module 'ISE' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

Any suggestions on how to get this PowerShell ISE back to it's original State?

I need it so bad for working with NANO services.

Erik K Little, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

Microsoft Teams PowerShell Module General Availability

Source: Microsoft Teams PowerShell Module General Availability - Microsoft Tech Community - 480934

Brink, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

1. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module - Similar Threads - cannot install DnsShell

2. Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error: [ATTACH]On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error when you try to connect to the PowerShell Repository or run the Install-Module cmdlet to install a package on your device. This post provides the...
  3. Powershell 7.2.2 show no installed modules but Powershell 5.1 show them, I cannot use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell 7.2.2 show no installed modules but Powershell 5.1 show them, I cannot use...: Hi,I don't understand why on powershell 7.2.2. shell, the command "Get-InstalledModule" return no modules installed but on powershell 5.1 it correctly report the modules, my problem started after the recent powershell update. the result is that now I cannot use the...
  4. Powershell 7.2.2 show no installed modules but Powershell 5.1 show them, I cannot use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell 7.2.2 show no installed modules but Powershell 5.1 show them, I cannot use...: Hi,I don't understand why on powershell 7.2.2. shell, the command "Get-InstalledModule" return no modules installed but on powershell 5.1 it correctly report the modules, my problem started after the recent powershell update. the result is that now I cannot use the...
  5. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  6. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  7. I cannot install this package with Powershell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install this package with Powershell: Hi, I want to reinstall Microsoft Store and Idk why it's uninstalled on it's own. So I have to install 4 apps : 1- Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx 2- Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx 3-...
  8. Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery: I'm trying to Install modules from PowerShell Gallery , But Install-Module command is not working. Also Find-Module and a few commands are not working.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Previously I removed PowerShellGet from modules. I tried to installPowerShellGet from .nupkg file ,...
  9. Powershell module vmware.powercli not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell module vmware.powercli not working: I have installed the powercli module in powershell using "install-module -name vmware.powercli"; Version 10.1.1.8827524 along with all the modules: Version Name ------- ---- 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.DeployAutomation 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.ImageBuilder...
  10. Windows powershell/module installer query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows powershell/module installer query: Hey all Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer service. I'am aware that both programs are essential so i'm wondering if this simple just routine maintainance or not. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to install DnsShell module in powershell