Windows 10: I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :

Discus and support I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 : in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I watched several tutorials on YouTube on how to install the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10, because I need the camera for my upcoming online class... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angelica PL, Jul 31, 2021.

1. I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :

I watched several tutorials on YouTube on how to install the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10, because I need the camera for my upcoming online class this month. But the installation keeps on failing, and I already spent more than 3 hours to fix the problem. Please tell me what other options should I do. Thank you in advance and please stay safe.

:)

Angelica PL, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Cr00zng Win User

Installing Windows Media Feature Pack...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N, 64-bit, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

The Windows Media Feature Pack includes Windows Media Player (WMP) as an optional app, since Windows 10 version 2004 I believe. As such, installing the semi-annual updates removes the previous version of WMP and the updated version is not installed by default.

Installing WMP seems simple enough, via "Settings\Apps and Features\Optional features\Add a feature", except when it is not. After trying to add Media Feature Pack feature, it display a blank list:

I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 : [​IMG]

The image above should have a list of available apps in alphabetical order, but it's blank. Searching for the apps in the empty list obviously results in nothing found.

The system in question has local accounts only, no MS account, has internet access and receives MS and other software updates without any issues.

Does anyone have an idea as to why the optional feature list is empty? I am lost for the reason...

TIA...

Cr00zng, Jul 31, 2021
  3. procras Win User
    Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Jul 31, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :

Windows 10 Home - Media Feature Pack

Hi Adam,

There is a big possibility that the version of the Media Feature Pack
    that you're downloading is not compatible with the current version of your Windows. Let's try to check first your Windows version. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press Windows key, then type in winver.
    • A pop-up box will show up containing your Windows version.
    • Send us a screenshot.

In the meantime, here are the Media Feature Pack for different Windows version:

Let us know which of the given links works.

John Sarc, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 :

1. I CANNOT INSTALL THE MEDIA FEATURE PACK FOR WINDOWS 10 : - Similar Threads - CANNOT INSTALL MEDIA

2. I cannot install media feature pack and update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install media feature pack and update windows: I got these error:0x800736b3 when installing media feature pack0x80248007 when updating windows 11 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-install-media-feature-pack-and-update/3e2d60aa-943f-4bff-a684-05d798f2cf04
  3. I cannot install media feature pack and update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install media feature pack and update windows: I got these error:0x800736b3 when installing media feature pack0x80248007 when updating windows 11 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-install-media-feature-pack-and-update/3e2d60aa-943f-4bff-a684-05d798f2cf04
  4. Installing Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  5. Installing Media Feature Pack

Installing Media Feature Pack: Hi, I have some issues when installing Media Feature Pack.I am following these guides -...
  6. Installing Windows Media Feature Pack...

Installing Windows Media Feature Pack...: OS: Windows 10 Pro N, 64-bit, version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) The Windows Media Feature Pack includes Windows Media Player (WMP) as an optional app, since Windows 10 version 2004 I believe. As such, installing the semi-annual updates removes the previous version of WMP and...
  7. Cannot install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Media Feature pack: I have to install media feature pack in order to use the camera but it says the update is not applicable to my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-media-feature-pack/289bb7d4-0b9b-4e95-aa8d-b181c64aac0c
  8. installing media feature pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing media feature pack: installing media feature pack from settings, takes too long , windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-media-feature-pack/4239934f-55d1-4184-b557-9e11846f4570
  9. Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.: Currently I cannot install the Media Feature pack. Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 SO 18362.449 When I try to install the Pack it returns the following error: "The update is no aplicable to your computer"...
  10. no puedo instalar media feature pack para windows 10 / I can not install media feature pack...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no puedo instalar media feature pack para windows 10 / I can not install media feature pack...: Español: Pues ya tengo rato con este problema, no tengo varios archivos .dll que necesito (como el align.dll) y ya intente de todo, desde descargarlos e instalarlos sin ningún resultado, investigando encontré que instalando el media feature pack para la version de windows 10...