Windows 10: I cannot install this package with Powershell

Discus and support I cannot install this package with Powershell in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I want to reinstall Microsoft Store and Idk why it's uninstalled on it's own. So I have to install 4 apps : 1-... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Trap Guardian, Feb 6, 2021.

1. I cannot install this package with Powershell

Hi, I want to reinstall Microsoft Store and Idk why it's uninstalled on it's own.

So I have to install 4 apps :

1- Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx

2- Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx

3- Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.29231.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx

4- Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.113.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle

I installed the 1st and 2nd packages but I have a problem with the 3rd.

When I try to install it with powershell, I have this error :

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.31.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 134bdf38-fc8a-0001-8d52-4c138afcd601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID

134bdf38-fc8a-0001-8d52-4c138afcd601

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\Users\Soft Guardian\Downloads\Microsoft.VCL ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Users\Soft G...kyb3d8bbwe.Appx:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

PLS HELP!!!

:)

Trap Guardian, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Retrieve and Install Sticky Notes via PowerShell

Hi Matty,

Reinstalling an application via PowerShell needs an administrator access to continue. If you have administrator access, you can follow the steps below to install Sticky Notes using PowerShell:

• Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows
      PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click
      Run as administrator option.
    • In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Scroll down and locate the entry of the app that you want to reinstall and copy the package name. Since you are looking for the Sticky Notes app, locate the Sticky Notes entry, and then copy the package name of Sticky Notes.
    • Now, you will need to execute the following command to add the app:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Replace PackageFullName term in the above command with the copied PackageFullName information from step 2.

If you do not have an administrator access to your computer, we suggest that you contact your IT admin to be able to install Sticky Notes via PowerShell.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    PowerShell v7.1.1 now released

Source: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerS...ses/tag/v7.1.1

How to Install PowerShell 7.1 in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

Brink, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

I cannot install this package with Powershell

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

I cannot install this package with Powershell

1. I cannot install this package with Powershell - Similar Threads - cannot install package

2. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Cortana
    Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available: Since I cannot use the Store, I need to install Cortana by PowerShell. If I typeAppxPackage -AllUsers Where {$_.Name -Match "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" }there is no result. Cortana is NOT installed. If I type Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach...
  3. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available: Since I cannot use the Store, I need to install Cortana by PowerShell. If I typeAppxPackage -AllUsers Where {$_.Name -Match "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" }there is no result. Cortana is NOT installed. If I type Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana Foreach...
  4. Install Cortana by PowerShell if package is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  6. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  7. French Language Package Cannot Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    French Language Package Cannot Install: HELP: I have purchased a new computer. I need to install the French language bundle. However, when I go to the drop-down box with the 'selection of languages listed' there are no other languages listed - only English. I need the french package for my work. How do I...
  8. exe. files and installation packages cannot be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe. files and installation packages cannot be: greetings dear community, two days ago, I got myself a new laptop for gaming. this is not a brand new laptop, but a second hand one like new. so later I tried to install bitdefender total security on it. it would download fully, but everytime it tries to decompress the...
  9. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module: I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21724.how-dns-aging-and-scavenging-works.aspx However, when I attempt to do the import-module DnsShell, I get the following: PS C:\Program...
  10. msi package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msi package cannot be installed: When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...