Windows 10: I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop

Discus and support I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've never been able to really participate in Xbox voice parties with all of my friends. I don't own an Xbox, but I made an account a while back for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jack Graddon, Apr 1, 2020.

1. I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop

I've never been able to really participate in Xbox voice parties with all of my friends. I don't own an Xbox, but I made an account a while back for a game I can't remember now. I set it up with no parental controls, no settings limiting the ability to communicate. Everything is as it should be. My phone's Xbox app will connect just fine, so I know it isn't my account.

My Desktop of less than a year will not let me do this. The Xbox app doesn't even work right. Same with the Game Bar. It won't show notifications when I get invited to a party, or group chat, etc. Yes, the settings are on to do so. And when I go to someone's profile, and scroll down to see the party section that says "N people in a public party" and has the Join button under that, I click the join and it acts as if it does, but it just shows the menu where you can create a group post or party. Also, it will not let me create a party.

If someone could help, that would be great! This has been bothering me for months.

:)

Jack Graddon, Apr 1, 2020

2. 0x80010108 Error When Joining Parties on Xbox App (Windows 10)

Hi,

The error code 0x80010108 may occur due to several reasons. It can possibly be due to an incorrect network configuration or an outdated Xbox App. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription?
    • Is your computer connected via a wired or a wireless network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check the NAT type on the Xbox App by following the steps below:

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Make sure that the Xbox Live Service Status is up and running before joining the Xbox Live parties again. To check, you may visit this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Westi651 Win User
    Joining Xbox Live Parties Via Xbox App.

Hey Cody,

If your friend has already started the party it should show up on your friends list and you are able to click join. If not, you can also click on the party tab in the Xbox app and start your own party, and he will be able to join that.

I've added a screenshot of the party tab below:

I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop e51c5eee-2c31-4e42-8a5d-ce9da60e3aa0.png

Westi651, Apr 1, 2020
  4. I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop

Xbox one app crashing after trying to join party

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

Please follow the below procedure to join a friend’s party.

Method 1: Join a party that your friends are already in

• To return to the Home screen, press the Xbox button, or say "Xbox, go home."

• Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

• Under Friends, select the friend you want to party with.

• On that friend's gamercard, select Join
      party.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, run App troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 2: Windows App Trouble Shooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop

1. I cannot join Xbox parties from my desktop - Similar Threads - cannot join Xbox

2. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-join-a-party-on-xbox-app-on-windows/7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  3. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-join-a-party-on-xbox-app-on-windows/7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  4. Xbox game bar party widget crashes whenever someone joins or I join a party. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar party widget crashes whenever someone joins or I join a party. Any fix?: As soon as I join the party in xbox game bar on pc I mouse wheel spins and instanly get kicked from the party. Every other componet works except the party widget. Also crashes whenever I start a party and then invite someone and as soon as they join the xbox party widget...
  5. Xbox game bar party widget crashes whenever someone joins or I join a party. Any fix?

Xbox game bar party widget crashes whenever someone joins or I join a party. Any fix?: As soon as I join the party in xbox game bar on pc I mouse wheel spins and instanly get kicked from the party. Every other componet works except the party widget. Also crashes whenever I start a party and then invite someone and as soon as they join the xbox party widget...
  6. Can’t join party from Xbox app on pc or send invite

Can’t join party from Xbox app on pc or send invite: So I’ve searched around the internet for about 5 hours and cannot seem to find a solution or anybody else that’s having this exact problem. I’ve receive invitees normally but when I click to accept the from game bar instead of joining the party it opens up the chat for all of...
  7. Can't join parties on xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join parties on xbox app: Recently bought a PC and when i open the xbox app everything seems fine, but then when i go to join a party it says that i need to update my app but then doesnt give me the option to update....
  8. Can't join Xbox Parties using Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't join Xbox Parties using Xbox Game Bar: [ATTACH] Hi there, I've recently been trying to cross-platform game with some Xbox friends using my PC. I've been trying to use the Game Bar app to join their party, however I keep getting the error "Something went wrong." I've scoured the internet for help, and nothing...
  9. Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 cannot join party bug

Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 cannot join party bug: I was excited to hear that there is an Xbox app on Windows 10 so that I can join parties and talk with friends without having to have a mic. My experience with the iOS version of the Xbox app is "meh" at best since when i join my friends parties I can only hear them talk...
  10. Cannot join parties on the Xbox One app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot join parties on the Xbox One app: Whenever I try to join a party on the Xbox One app, It will begin to load as if I was joining, but then does not connect. There are no error codes or anything. I've never had trouble connecting in the past but I'm currently on a new internet network so I was wondering if that...