Windows 10: I cannot launch photo app

Discus and support I cannot launch photo app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; “Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChadRojo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. ChadRojo Win User

I cannot launch photo app

“Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error:Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e103

:)

ChadRojo, Jun 19, 2020

2. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 19, 2020
  4. I cannot launch photo app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

I cannot launch photo app

1. I cannot launch photo app - Similar Threads - cannot launch photo

2. Cannot install photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install photos app.: Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-photos-app/a4bd5615-cef0-40fe-b9aa-bd971f747b14
  3. Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch: Microsoft store and Photo App WON"T launch. I can see the icons are "pinned" but they do not open when clicked. Microsoft Store: Shows in the start menu - but cannot click on it / does not launch Photos: Icon is pinned to desktop but does not openMissing from start menu -...
  4. Cannot launch App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot launch App: Today suddenly I got lots of never-ending error pop-up on some apps stating: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The apps: SynapticsIncorporated.SmartAudio3 Lenovo Vantage...
  5. Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows store, calculator , photos... apps cannot launch possible reason: I found that the possible reason that may help to solve it. The possible cause is the windows defender firewall. If it is disabled or stopped. The Windows Store cannot be launched. That cause the other apps such as photos, calculator fail to launch too. After re-enabling...
  6. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  7. cannot launch camera app

cannot launch camera app: when I try to launch the camera app, this is what I see. Any help would be appreciated! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-launch-camera-app/4700002e-ce36-4b3a-991b-5573fe138ff9
  8. "Tips" app cannot launch

"Tips" app cannot launch: I launched tips app,it always loading and didn't loding successful.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tipsapp-cannot-launch/b52bff4c-3e14-495b-89c2-7dbc949fe8da
  9. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...
  10. Photos and Mapps app launching frequently

Photos and Mapps app launching frequently: I have windows 10 running in Bootcamp ( MacOS. I upgraded to Windows 10 pro from Wind 8.1 Pro. After upgrade I notice that Maps app and Photos app keep launching automatically , even after closing them. I'm not sure what is triggering them. I have verified that these...