Windows 10: I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time

Discus and support I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a Surface Book 2 and when I am listening to the music played by some music sources like Pandora, Groove etc and launch a webpage where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mallory Mallory, Nov 25, 2018.

1. I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time

I am using a Surface Book 2 and when I am listening to the music played by some music sources like Pandora, Groove etc and launch a webpage where the sound in on, the latter audio isn’t played. I have to go back to the audio program to click on pause the resume. So I have to set audio dominance. Can I change it?

:)

Mallory Mallory, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Microphone audio is distorted when I listen to audio playback in Windows but fine in Realktek Audio Manager

Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the sound on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

I would like to inform that there will be same drivers for audio from motherboard and sound card. Windows will have basic audio drivers for the operating system (Realtek).

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Audio troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Audio options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Uninstall and Update the driver.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver

Also, if you find the latest drivers you can install them manually on your device.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2018
  4. xBruce88x Win User

I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time

WinTV-1800 Pass through Audio?

let me look up that model of the card and see what i can find out.

edit: their site really sux... no real information about the hardware. If I found the right one, your's has two RCA connectors near the bottom of the card. I'm guessing this is the Line-In feature for this card.

this is the best I can think of... (assuming windows 7 properly detects the hardware's line in)

Step One: Plug in the audio from the PS3 to the RCA on the tuner
    Step Two: Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu and select "Recording Devices"
    Step Three: Look for anything listed that relates to your TV tuner's Line-In, make sure it is enabled. When it says its "Ready" right click on it and select "Properties"
    Step Four: Click the "Listen" tab
    Step Five: place a check in "Listen to this device" and in the dropdown menu under that select your speakers for the playback.
    Step six: Play a game and test the audio... If its working Enjoy!
    Optional step... go back to step three, when the properties box comes up click the "Levels" tab. Here you can adjust the input volume of the device

Hope this helps, and that it lets you do so

edit: should you decide to get an adapter for the rca, these steps are pretty much the same for the line in on your sound card.

xBruce88x, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time

1. I cannot listen to two audio sources at the same time - Similar Threads - cannot listen audio

2. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  3. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  4. Cannot print for two same model printer on same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print for two same model printer on same time: Hi, I am using Windows 11 Pro, I had two same model printer Panasonic KX-P1121 installed on my pc with two difference name "Panasonic KX-P1121" and "Panasonic KX-P1121 USB". Both of it connected by two difference USB port. I had some documents want to print, I send to print...
  5. Cannot print for two same model printer on same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print for two same model printer on same time: Hi, I am using Windows 11 Pro, I had two same model printer Panasonic KX-P1121 installed on my pc with two difference name "Panasonic KX-P1121" and "Panasonic KX-P1121 USB". Both of it connected by two difference USB port. I had some documents want to print, I send to print...
  6. Recording from two different audio inputs at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recording from two different audio inputs at the same time?: Hi everyone, Is there any way to use two different audio inputs (separate audio cards) simultaneously in Windows? In this case I'd like to be able to record/stream audio from both a USB-based wireless microphone and a guitar plugged into an external USB-connected audio...
  7. How can i listen to the same audio simultaneously on 2 audio devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i listen to the same audio simultaneously on 2 audio devices?: I want to listen to something on my headphones and monitor speakers at the same time Windows 7 used to have an option for this called stereo mix it doesn't work anymore on windows 10 doesn't even show up tried everything Is there an a software that can make this possible?...
  8. Listening on laptop and bluetooth at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Listening on laptop and bluetooth at the same time: How do I listen to music on both my laptop speakers and my Bluetooth speaker (in another location) at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/listening-on-laptop-and-bluetooth-at-the-same-time/72551bc9-69e5-4f97-a8f9-7bfeacca3d3c
  9. Two OS's at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OS's at the same time: Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup....
  10. Cannot play two audio usb headphones at the same time in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot play two audio usb headphones at the same time in windows 10?: Hi, I have two usb headphones, I would like to play both at the the same time while watchong videos or playing games. But unfortunately I can only find a solution for playing audio on one 3.5 audio jack device and one usb device. I cannot use both usb headphones. Please...