Windows 10: I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer

Discus and support I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go to the settings and then to Network/Internet, homegroup does not come up. Cannot find a way to make it work with other computers in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobBets1, Sep 17, 2018.

1. RobBets1 Win User

I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer

When I go to the settings and then to Network/Internet, homegroup does not come up.

Cannot find a way to make it work with other computers in my network.

:)

RobBets1, Sep 17, 2018

2. Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Existing Homegroup removed from all computers - rejoining not possible

Hi,

HomeGroup is a group of devices that lets you share items of your computer with other devices.

As an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue, we strongly suggest running the
    HomeGroup troubleshooter.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Window key + I to go directly to
      Windows Settings
    • Click Update & security.
    • From the left sidebar, locate and click Troubleshoot.
    • Move to its right pane and look for HomeGroup. Underneath the heading, select
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Now, click the Run the troubleshooter button.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Sep 17, 2018
  4. I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer

2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

Hello,
    My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10.

First, my system is as follows:
    there are 4 computers:
    3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem directly.
    1 laptop windows 10 Home edition, connected wirelessly.

The problem that I have is as follows:
    I have been using "Homegroup" for the past 3 years or so, and it always worked very well.
    But ever since the "Creator's update" released either in April or may 2017, the Homegroup feature is broken.

My main computer which was the one who started the "Homegroup" got updated first, and after that, no other computer sees the homegroup.

However, I need to explain the following:
    My main computer, who started the homegroup, still sees the "old homegroup" as active, AKA Ghost homegroup.
    I have tried to delete it by following the steps here
    Fix issues with the homegroup in Windows 10

Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder

1. Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    2. Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
    3. Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
    4. Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
    5. Turn off your computers.
    6. Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
    7. This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.

I have followed this step by step. But I cant get rid of the old "homegroup".
    This started to happen only after I upgraded to the "Creators update" and all computers are up to date.

How can I get rid once and for all from this ghost homegroup.

I have the followed the above mentioned steps, in each of the computers in the network. This ghost homegroup still appears and I can't join it, or leave it.

leinad23ec, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer

1. I cannot locate Homegroup on my Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - cannot locate Homegroup

2. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise: Why cant I create a homegroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-homegroup-in-windows-10-enterprise/c11f1cfb-41d2-4b52-9409-11eabf098fad
  3. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise: Why cant I create a homegroup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-homegroup-in-windows-10-enterprise/c11f1cfb-41d2-4b52-9409-11eabf098fad
  4. Cannot create a homegroup in Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Locating My Computer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locating My Computer on Windows 10: I cannot locate My Computer/Computer on my laptop. I have followed all the steps but unsuccessful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-my-computer-on-windows-10/ccd07129-9d8b-4357-8957-ca71f6d9a361
  6. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  7. Cannot connect onto my homegroup

Cannot connect onto my homegroup: I have set up a Homegroup on two laptops which use Windows 10 and both connect to the Homegroup. However, neither will display any computers on the Homegroup. I have tried all sorts of things but all I seem to get from the Homegroup trouble shooter is that there are...
  8. Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10

Cannot Create New HomeGroup on Windows 10: I have a desktop with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate. I am able to log onto the laptop by going to file explorer and clicking on the Network Icon and then clicking on my laptop and entering the account name and password for the laptop. I am not able or do not...
  9. Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers

Joined Homegroup but cannot access other computers: I have two laptops recently upgraded to Windows 10 (one was previously running 7, the other 8.1). I can connect both to a Homegroup, and they can access each other's files for a time, then (usually after one goes to sleep) they cannot access each other. The Homegroup is still...
  10. Cannot setup Homegroup

Cannot setup Homegroup: Hi everyone a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still subject to the set password, although I had left. The password remains valid and I have NO clue what the password was.*Redface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find homegroup windows 10

2. unable to find homegroup windows 10

3. cannot find homegroup in windows 10

4. cannot find homegroup on win 10,
  5. cant find homegroup windows 10,
  6. find homegroup on this computer,
  7. windows 10 cannot find homegroup,
  8. i cannot find homegroup on windows 10,
  9. cannot find homegroup,
  10. cannot find homegroup on windows 10,
  11. windows 10 cant find homegroup,