Windows 10: I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam

Discus and support I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot find the video I just took with the Surface webcam in any folder. Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisJohnson4660, Mar 7, 2019.

1. I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam

I cannot find the video I just took with the Surface webcam in any folder. Please help

:)

ChrisJohnson4660, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

webcam records audio but no video

Hi Corey,

The webcam's functionality may be affected by the settings of the application you're using. The webcam's settings and the application settings can collide. We'd like to ask a few questions to help us identify why there's no video output:

• What applications are you using with the webcam?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages or return codes when using the webcam?

In the meantime, you can check this link on how to get started in using your webcam.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Erika Aro, Mar 7, 2019
  3. webcam records audio but no video

First use of webcam - trying out the webcam Can record audio, but no video. Suggestions?

CoreyTremalgia, Mar 7, 2019
  4. I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam

Webcam videos have no sound on playback

Hello, I have scoured numerous pages regarding this issue and tried everything suggested. Everything was fine. I have a rocksoul 1080 hd webcam that worked flawlessly until three days ago. Have recorded dozens and dozens of videos with no issue. Now no
    videos have audio playback. Mic works fine, all sound from all other apps works fine. I removed the webcam, reinstalled, twice. Same issue. Ran troubleshooter a dozen times. It used to work in the 3.0 usb slot. now it doesn't, fixed. All device working properly.
    Like a fool I bought a new webcam Gearhead 1080 p hd. installed it. took a video and no sound. I feel stupid. I have done everything. Cannot fix this issue. Flabbergasted. Any suggestion not already given.. since none of those worked?

WDHoffmanJr, Mar 7, 2019
  5. it might be under in C:\Users\username\Videos\Captures

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam

1. I cannot locate the video I just took with the webcam - Similar Threads - cannot locate video

2. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  3. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  4. Webcam no video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam no video?: Hey guys, I have a Logitech C615 webcam which was working just fine yesterday. I needed to change its USB port and since making the change, it has no video output. I have since returned it to its previous port and the issue persists. My privacy settings are correct, the...
  5. I cannot delete unavailable location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete unavailable location.: I want to delete the 0 file location there. I've tried to do so many things but none of it worked. Kindly help me to delete those location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-unavailable-location/00a47c7d-bed6-43c1-908d-0f447931c47e
  6. I cannot delete unavailable location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete unavailable location.: I want to delete the 0 file location there. I've tried to do so many things but none of it worked. Kindly help me to delete those location. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-unavailable-location/00a47c7d-bed6-43c1-908d-0f447931c47e
  7. I cannot delete unavailable location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built-in Webcam and Microphone cannot be located. How is this possible?: I have purchased a reconditioned laptop Lenovo Thinkpad and when I came to use the Webcam and Microphone, the computer couldn't find/locate either of them. Help please....
  9. I cannot see the videos on yahoo. It is just white and scrolling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see the videos on yahoo. It is just white and scrolling.: I cannot see videos on Yahoo. There is a white space and it keeps scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-the-videos-on-yahoo-it-is-just-white/58bb98cc-6316-4d4e-a26e-e50a45e00eca
  10. Webcam No Video Just Sound . . . Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam No Video Just Sound . . . Fix: I ran into a problem with 2 webcams that stopped working in WIN 10. One continued to provide audio but no video. I ran across a fix that solved the problem and thought I'd post it here as all other fixes had failed and this one saved the day. It involves WIN 10 Privacy...