Windows 10: I cannot lock my device

Discus and support I cannot lock my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to lock a Windows 10 computer remotely. I left it at a someone's house and I won't be able to get it back for a while. Every time I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MauriceAbraham, Nov 7, 2021.

1. I cannot lock my device

I have been trying to lock a Windows 10 computer remotely. I left it at a someone's house and I won't be able to get it back for a while. Every time I try to lock it, I see a screen that says "Locking your device....this might take a minute" then it fails and I get a message saying "Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find offensive." It doesn't matter what I type, or even if I type nothing. I tried "hello world" and "lorem ipsum" nothing works. I suspect it is not the words I'm typing but something else going wrong. The device remains unlocked. Is there som

:)

MauriceAbraham, Nov 7, 2021

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Hi,

Since you're having an issue with the brightness of your Lock Screen, we suggest uninstalling the display adapter from the Device Manager. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click on the display device and click uninstall.

Note: Please restart your computer after performing the steps above.

If the issue persists, download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 7, 2021
  4. I cannot lock my device

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

I cannot lock my device

1. I cannot lock my device - Similar Threads - cannot lock device

2. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  3. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock a device I locked by find my device: I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account....
  4. Unlock a device I locked by find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I locked my device via microsoft online account >devices - and cannot unlock due to PIN...

I locked my device via microsoft online account >devices - and cannot unlock due to PIN...: Experienced IT here.I am open to trying to find a solution via USB / regex editing, but I cannot make any headway at all. Ive heard of the CMD prompt in exchange for a support keyboard idea, but not sure how to execute it from a locked out device, unless I take out the SSD...
  6. I locked my device via microsoft online account >devices - and cannot unlock due to PIN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked my device via microsoft online account >devices - and cannot unlock due to PIN...: Experienced IT here.I am open to trying to find a solution via USB / regex editing, but I cannot make any headway at all. Ive heard of the CMD prompt in exchange for a support keyboard idea, but not sure how to execute it from a locked out device, unless I take out the SSD...
  7. How to lock a device that cannot be found in the map.

How to lock a device that cannot be found in the map.: Hi, I really need some assistance. My laptop was stolen this morning and I want to lock it, but it can't be found in the map. It says that it has 0 battery and cannot find it. Another thing is that I am not pretty sure if the find my device or the location was turned on in my...
  8. I cannot lock my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot lock my device: I have been trying to lock a Windows 10 computer remotely. I left it at a someone's house and I won't be able to get it back for a while. Every time I try to lock it, I see a screen that says "Locking your device....this might take a minute" then it fails and I get a message...
  9. I cannot lock my device

I cannot lock my device: I have been trying to lock a Windows 10 computer remotely. I left it at a someone's house and I won't be able to get it back for a while. Every time I try to lock it, I see a screen that says "Locking your device....this might take a minute" then it fails and I get a message...
  10. Locking my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locking my device: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I lost my laptop and tried locking it so that no one can get into it. However, there is no lock option for the laptop like there is for my other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locking-my-device/ba368dc8-9d6e-49dc-bed3-68a045b256bf