Windows 10: I cannot log in my PC after October update

Discus and support I cannot log in my PC after October update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update I left completely locked out of my PC. The only account I can see there is Other user. I don’t have any access, even using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BonafeVecino, Oct 16, 2018.

1. I cannot log in my PC after October update

After Windows 10 update I left completely locked out of my PC. The only account I can see there is Other user. I don’t have any access, even using my Microsoft account.

:)

BonafeVecino, Oct 16, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 16, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 16, 2018
  4. I cannot log in my PC after October update

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

I cannot log in my PC after October update

1. I cannot log in my PC after October update - Similar Threads - cannot log October

2. I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I CANNOT LOG IN TO MICROSOFT ON MY PC: if i try it will open a grey little box and then close even if i try to creat a new admin account on my pc.It's happening just on the pc i can't open my account on xbox,pc and microsoft store and so,i need urgent help....
  3. After resetting my pc I cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After resetting my pc I cannot log in: I’ve had a lot of computer issues lately regarding windows and multiple kernel errors popping up the lag couple of days so I decided to reset my pc and wipe it completely. After this process was complete I tried to log in and I got an error saying “User Profile Service failed...
  4. After resetting my pc I cannot log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After resetting my pc I cannot log in: I’ve had a lot of computer issues lately regarding windows and multiple kernel errors popping up the lag couple of days so I decided to reset my pc and wipe it completely. After this process was complete I tried to log in and I got an error saying “User Profile Service failed...
  5. After resetting my pc I cannot log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I cannot log into my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log into my PC.: I have Windows 8. Lately I cannot log into my laptop because when I switch on my computer, a small circle with Diagnosing your PC appears and stays on and does not progress to Safe mode or Advance option screen. Pressing power button 3 times only shows Preparing automatic...
  7. I cannot log into my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log into my PC.: I have Windows 8. Lately I cannot log into my laptop because when I switch on my computer, a small circle with Diagnosing your PC appears and stays on and does not progress to Safe mode or Advance option screen. Pressing power button 3 times only shows Preparing automatic...
  8. I literally cannot log into my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I literally cannot log into my pc: So I haven't used my computer in a week, and I decided to log onto it today to do some work and when I try typing my PIN, it says "Something has happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." So I click it and it gives me a black screen and takes me...
  9. Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place: Help, I am locked out of my own machine. After finally getting 1903 to install, I am prompted to log in as other user. It will not allow me to make a new account, or log in with my microsoft account. It keeps prompting me that my password is wrong. It isn't wrong and I...
  10. Cannot log-in after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot log-in after update.: Just turned on my HTPC and it has updated to a more recent build, however, it will not accept my password. I have reset my password at account.live.com/password/reset but to no avail. I had a similar problem with my laptop. A password reset online done the trick, but not...