Windows 10: I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password

Discus and support I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago I noticed the Windows 10 was taking a very long time to shut down because it was downloading updates. When I started my computer a day... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hedley Finger, Mar 31, 2020.

1. I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password

A few days ago I noticed the Windows 10 was taking a very long time to shut down because it was downloading updates. When I started my computer a day later, Windows took about 8 mins to install the new updates.

Today, I could not log in with the same password! Although it is a local login, I tried logging in with my Microsoft Account password. Same thing. I then successfully logged in as the built-in Administrator and changed the password of my user account. Again I could not log in as user with the new local password. I tried logging in with the PIN. No deal.

As Administrator, I logged in and was able to successful access all my user files and even modify some. The next move was to create a new user and copy all my files over. Bur the dialogue for creating new users came up with "Cannot load Snap-ins."

I can save my data and reset Windows but I really, really don't want to install those applications again.

This is a serious problem with Windows 10 as there are many posts describing situations similar to mine.

Is there a new solution to this? I can log in to my Microsoft Account, bizarrely.

P.S. I entered this question from the in-built Administrator account.

:)

Hedley Finger, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Passwords seem to get lost

Hi Jackie,

In cases wherein you cannot log in to your Windows 10 computer, we need to consider if you are typing the correct password or if you are logging in to the correct account. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

In the event that you are using a local account on your Windows 10 PC, we suggest following the steps in this

article
    to reset your Windows 10 local account password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 31, 2020
  4. MarttiND Win User

I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password

Getting rid of password log-in on Windows 10

I have tried all the above but still I am prompted to enter password when I switch on my computer. Please advise how to get rid of login password when switching on the computer.

MarttiND, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password

1. I cannot log in to Windows 10 with a known correct password - Similar Threads - cannot log known

2. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  3. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in windows with correct password: Turned on pc like normal, but I noticed that my profile changed completely. My profile picture was just a blank image, and when I wanted to input my password it said that it was incorrect and a message appeared saying something along the lines of my organization requires me...
  4. Can't log in windows with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Log in Pin not known

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log in Pin not known: I did an update for windows. Now when I start the computer it asks for a pin, but I do not know the pin and the email to retrieve it is one I do not have anymore. How can I resolve this?...
  6. Windows 10 User password not known.

Windows 10 User password not known.: Hello,My computer is used by my little sister and she has changed my password. I know the pin so i can enter. but Now i want to reset my pc's user password. Is there a way to eiter retrive the old password or reset it using the pin.regards ,MSD Clark...
  7. Can't log into windows with correct password

Can't log into windows with correct password: I recently got my laptop repaired, and it was wiped. I opened it up everything seemed alright so I wanted to stop using the local user and log in with my account. EVERY TIME. I GET TO THE PAGE THAT SAYS "We'll need your current windows password one last time" AFTER CHANGING...
  8. Cannot input correct password into windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot input correct password into windows 10: I tried to close microsof apps in win r msconfig, services,hide all services, disable everything. I had problems installing windows 10 update. Now it wont accept pin or password. How do i get back into command prompt. I have changed password on ipad and windows is fine...
  9. UAC not accepting known correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC not accepting known correct password: Hello, We are a small cloud hosting provider with several separate Remote Desktop Services deployments under management. Recently, I have experienced odd UAC behavior. To put it simply, UAC is wrong. It will not accept a password that is without question correct, confirmed...
  10. Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password: I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I went to 'netplwiz' thinking I could just login without a password but then after I rebooted I could only get to the win 10...