Windows 10: I cannot log in

Discus and support I cannot log in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot log in. I forgot ID and password. My original email was hacked and deleted. The phone number I gave was for my landline that doesn’t take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobbyarm, Apr 2, 2021.

1. bobbyarm Win User

I cannot log in

I cannot log in. I forgot ID and password. My original email was hacked and deleted. The phone number I gave was for my landline that doesn’t take texts. I do not have a way for get verification. Please help or my computer is a brick.

:)

bobbyarm, Apr 2, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 2, 2021
  3. New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

I cannot log in NewForum.jpg

• Logged out

I cannot log in Logout.jpg

Mindweaver, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

I cannot log in

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

I cannot log in

1. I cannot log in - Similar Threads - cannot log

2. Cannot log in to Microsoft in Phone Link on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to Microsoft in Phone Link on my laptop: When trying to sign into Phone Link on my laptop, I reach the screen where I'm prompted to sign in with my Microsoft account, but the button to sign in with Microsoft doesn't work and I am unable to log in. I have tried entering the app through "www.aka.ms/yourphoneqr," and I...
  3. Cannot log in to Microsoft in Phone Link on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to Microsoft in Phone Link on my laptop: When trying to sign into Phone Link on my laptop, I reach the screen where I'm prompted to sign in with my Microsoft account, but the button to sign in with Microsoft doesn't work and I am unable to log in. I have tried entering the app through "www.aka.ms/yourphoneqr," and I...
  4. so uh i logged in to the onedrive its gone my pictures are i gone and i cannot get in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so uh i logged in to the onedrive its gone my pictures are i gone and i cannot get in my...: It was Friday and I decided to sign in to my OneDrive account. However, when I opened my laptop, all my saved files and pictures were gone. I couldn't sync everything because the storage was full. I signed out of my OneDrive account, but unfortunately, I still couldn't...
  5. so uh i logged in to the onedrive its gone my pictures are i gone and i cannot get in my...

so uh i logged in to the onedrive its gone my pictures are i gone and i cannot get in my...: It was Friday and I decided to sign in to my OneDrive account. However, when I opened my laptop, all my saved files and pictures were gone. I couldn't sync everything because the storage was full. I signed out of my OneDrive account, but unfortunately, I still couldn't...
  6. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-out-of-my-school-account-highly/14132ac3-8c71-41f2-b42a-17ff02e6f7ea
  7. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-log-out-of-my-school-account-highly/14132ac3-8c71-41f2-b42a-17ff02e6f7ea
  8. I cannot log out of my school account. Highly irritating, I don't want it to keep logging...

9. C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...: C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32cwindowslogsdismdismlog-the/e68a3797-3168-46eb-b74c-bfa1393f2b22
  10. C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...

C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...: C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32cwindowslogsdismdismlog-the/e68a3797-3168-46eb-b74c-bfa1393f2b22