Windows 10: I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...

Discus and support I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hallo, I have a big problem. I am trying since 2 days to log into my laptop. I went cycling and when I came back and opened my laptop, I got the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Denilicious, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...

Hallo,

I have a big problem. I am trying since 2 days to log into my laptop.

I went cycling and when I came back and opened my laptop, I got the message User/ password are incorrect.

I typed many times my password, but still got the same.

I tried different ways, nothing helps:

1 I tried loging into safe mode.

2 tried login with PIN/ Microsoft account - same issue;

3 I tried password with virtual keyboard;

4CapsLock is not turned on;

p.s. Something very strange is after 1000 attempts to login and restarts, From nowhere I got the option fingerprint on my startup, so I logged in and tried to disable password but when I made a restart, the same issue occured - that my password is incorrect but the worse thing is that fingerprint option was already disappeared.

I don't know what to do and how this happen, could you please help.

:)

Denilicious, Apr 29, 2020
  2. RobJM# Win User

User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 29, 2020
  4. I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...

Can't log in to my laptop; when I start my laptop I have to restarted in order to log in because the first time I write down my password it says the password I just typed is incorrect

Original Title: Can't log in to my laptop

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, created a microsoft outlook account aas required; when I start my laptop I have to restarted in order to log in because the first time I write down my password it says the password I just typed is incorrect
    and no matter how many times I type my password it just does'nt let me log in untill I restart my laptop. Any suggestion?

JoseTorralba, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before...

1. I cannot log into my laptop. Windows always says user or password is incorrect, even before... - Similar Threads - cannot log laptop

2. Cannot log into Apps - always says PIN incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into Apps - always says PIN incorrect: I am running into a problem with a seemingly simple operation on a brand new Windows 11 Home PC, installed from scratch.I have a user which is logged in and would like to run the XBox App as another user which is not the currently logged in user. Both users have already...
  3. Cannot log into Apps - always says PIN incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into Apps - always says PIN incorrect: I am running into a problem with a seemingly simple operation on a brand new Windows 11 Home PC, installed from scratch.I have a user which is logged in and would like to run the XBox App as another user which is not the currently logged in user. Both users have already...
  4. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  5. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  6. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  8. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...
  9. Password is always incorrect... even just after changing it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password is always incorrect... even just after changing it: I got a new laptop and am still having to sign into my Microsoft settings through the settings. Even while I was setting up, I had to change my password every single time a new "enter your password" came up because no matter what, it was wrong. It always says my Microsoft...
  10. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo password changed cannot access server error message