Windows 10: I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.

Discus and support I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot access my Microsoft account through my desktop computer. It worked 3 days ago, but now all I get is a "bad password" and, even more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnnyCrouse898, Oct 12, 2021.

1. I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.

I cannot access my Microsoft account through my desktop computer. It worked 3 days ago, but now all I get is a "bad password" and, even more frustrating, that "Your device is disconnected. Can anyone help please?

:)

JohnnyCrouse898, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Vayra86 Win User

Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

This is not true, it depends how and when you used 2FA. I never get security tokens from Google, I just get an email notification asking if it was me with a button to click, and only if the IP / device used is not in the registered devices list on the account.

That said, if you get these kinds of messages, it means someone knows your password and you need to change that on ALL accounts you have, not just Google.

Vayra86, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Oct 12, 2021
  4. I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.

Can't log in "device not connected" Windows 10 after update

Hi,

To help you with your concern, kindly perform the following:

• Make sure that your device is properly connected to a network. Restart your PC then try to log in again.
    • If it doesn't work, disconnect and reconnect your device from the network.
    • Connect your device using a wired connection and check if the issue persists.

After doing the steps above and the same instance occurs, reset your account password
    here using other device. Restart your PC then try logging in again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.

1. I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected. - Similar Threads - cannot log message

2. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...: I use Windows 10, an administrator Microsoft user account, and default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-a-password-and-pin-to-log-in-and-i-exceed/3c722f78-2761-488d-8ef8-2cbe929b27db
  3. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...: I use Windows 10, an administrator Microsoft user account, and default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-a-password-and-pin-to-log-in-and-i-exceed/3c722f78-2761-488d-8ef8-2cbe929b27db
  4. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log into Windows. The message is "wrong password" or "Your device is disconnected.: I cannot access my Microsoft account through my desktop computer. It worked 3 days ago, but now all I get is a "bad password" and, even more frustrating, that "Your device is disconnected. Can anyone help please?...
  6. Can't login to Windows. Message is either "wrong password" or "Your device is offline....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows. Message is either "wrong password" or "Your device is offline....: Split from this thread. I'm having the SAME **** problem and am tired!!! I have an HP laptop and everything works just fine, and I just received a nice I thought it was nice! :- new Win10 HP PC tower as a Christmas gift from my husband. I have one eye and poor eyesight, so...
  7. Can't login to Windows. Message is either "wrong password" or "Your device is offline....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows. Message is either "wrong password" or "Your device is offline....: I am unable to access my Microsoft account through my desktop computer. It was functional 2 days ago, but now all I get is either "wrong password" and, even more frustrating, that "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device". I tried...
  8. Your Phone Bug - Wrong message displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone Bug - Wrong message displayed: Got a very strange issue here that I first noticed about a week ago. I use the Your Phone app for texting on my PC and laptop. Randomly I will send a message and it will pop up in the conversation window with different text. E.g if I send "apple" it will appear in the...
  9. Laptop password is wrong and cannot sign into it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop password is wrong and cannot sign into it.: Window saying wrong password. Also cannot get laptop to into safe mode when hitting the shift key and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-password-is-wrong-and-cannot-sign-into-it/e8b2ddec-153c-434e-b497-c30026401c50
  10. Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.: Issue: Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized. Problem started on Thu Jan 4, 2018. Computer: This is my son’s HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) notebook. We live quite a few miles apart so we are talking about this issue over the phone. He gets account.live.com...