Windows 10: I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase

Discus and support I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good evening, my new laptop say's I have entered the incorrect pin and several times and now need to enter the challengephrase. Still does not work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StuartNF, Oct 16, 2019.

1. StuartNF Win User

I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase

Good evening, my new laptop say's I have entered the incorrect pin and several times and now need to enter the challengephrase. Still does not work

:)

StuartNF, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Tats_too Win User

Challenge phase requested on every start up

Hi, someone tried to access my computer a couple of weeks ago now and I am now getting asked to complete a challenge phase every time I start up before I can enter my pin.

The fix was listed as ...

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the Run command.
    2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    3. On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Type your Password twice and click OK.
    6. Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    7. Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

However maybe as I am administrator I am not being offered the option to uncheck users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tats_too, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Oct 16, 2019
  4. I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase

1. I cannot log on. I have to enter challenge phase - Similar Threads - cannot log enter

2. Hi, I have entered pin to many times and now I'm asked to enter A1B2B3 Challenge phrase? I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I have entered pin to many times and now I'm asked to enter A1B2B3 Challenge phrase? I...: Please help, windows 11 won't allow any other type of sign in on my computer. I have entered pin to many times and now I'm asked to enter A1B2B3 Challenge phrase? I have no idea what a Challenge phrase is....
  3. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?: Really want to get back on to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-go-on-my-laptop-as-its-asking-for-challenge/e6a7ce1c-ce47-4680-833f-bc6c2dc88dfa
  4. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?: Really want to get back on to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-go-on-my-laptop-as-its-asking-for-challenge/e6a7ce1c-ce47-4680-833f-bc6c2dc88dfa
  5. I can’t go on my laptop as it’s asking for challenge phase?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times...: when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times unsuccessful . Enter A1B2C3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-logging-in-a-challenge-appears-stated-i-have/856f6ba3-569e-4381-ab4b-0ee7f609d75e
  7. when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times...

when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times...: when logging in a challenge appears stated i have attempted to log in several times unsuccessful . Enter A1B2C3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-logging-in-a-challenge-appears-stated-i-have/856f6ba3-569e-4381-ab4b-0ee7f609d75e
  8. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE: After making a Microsoft account...i just put my shut the laptop after a while when i open it and try to login it show incorrect pin despite of it being correct and after 5 attempts it shows some challenge phase to enter, which I never had any. Please tell how to resolve this...
  9. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE: After making a Microsoft account...i just put my shut the laptop after a while when i open it and try to login it show incorrect pin despite of it being correct and after 5 attempts it shows some challenge phase to enter, which I never had any. Please tell how to resolve this...
  10. Lock screen asking to enter some CHALLENGE PHASE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen