Windows 10: I cannot log on to windows. No password prompt. No restart prompt. Screen goes black if I...

Discus and support I cannot log on to windows. No password prompt. No restart prompt. Screen goes black if I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I opened my laptop and got the windows locked screen saver screen. I clicked on it to get the password prompt. I think it accidentally clicked forgot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MokgadiN, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MokgadiN Win User

I cannot log on to windows. No password prompt. No restart prompt. Screen goes black if I...

I opened my laptop and got the windows locked screen saver screen. I clicked on it to get the password prompt. I think it accidentally clicked forgot password so I typed in my password in the box. The screen went black. I lost all images except the cursor.

I tried a shut down, control alt delete, but nothing worked. After about 10 mins, the lock screen came on with the date, time, Wi-Fi and battery symbols but whenever I try to click on it to get the password prompt, the screen goes black.

There is no power button to click on to restart, just a lovely picture.

I'm locked out of my computer. Have tried to get assistance all afternoon from Microsoft to no avail.

Haven't found a solution online.

Please help. PLEASE

:)

MokgadiN, Mar 10, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Screen goes to black and white after logging on

When you right click it says windows powershell (Admin) not Command Prompt.

jaskennedy, Mar 10, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

I cannot log on to windows. No password prompt. No restart prompt. Screen goes black if I...

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. I cannot log on to windows. No password prompt. No restart prompt. Screen goes black if I... - Similar Threads - cannot log password

2. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  3. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  4. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  6. No password prompt at login screen

No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  7. No log in prompt.

No log in prompt.: hello everyone, i updated my windows and its now done booting up. But when it boots up, the windows log in didn't show up and it turned into thatpicture after waiting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-log-in-prompt/3f20d445-c381-4bb1-b7e4-4b9851e8a34b
  8. No log in prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No log in prompt.: hello everyone, i updated my windows and its now done booting up. But when it boots up, the windows log in didn't show up and it turned into thatpicture after waiting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-log-in-prompt/3f20d445-c381-4bb1-b7e4-4b9851e8a34b
  9. No log in prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Screen does not return to password / log-in prompt: When I first boot up my laptop, I get to a log-in screen (lock screen?) and enter my password. The laptop then finishes the startup routine, and I am at the desktop screen. Problem... If the laptop is returned to the lock screen either by inactivity time-out settings or...