Windows 10: I cannot login in to my Surface

Discus and support I cannot login in to my Surface in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Username and password I use to login I can use elsewhere but not on this Surface. Any suggestions how to by passthis so that I can fix it and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wayne Hodges, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I cannot login in to my Surface

The Username and password I use to login I can use elsewhere

but not on this Surface.

Any suggestions how to by passthis so that I can fix it and login normally.

Thanks

Wayne

:)

Wayne Hodges, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
  4. I cannot login in to my Surface

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

I cannot login in to my Surface

1. I cannot login in to my Surface - Similar Threads - cannot login Surface

2. cannot login to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot login to my computer: cannot login to my computer, forgot password. when i use help they send me 6 digits code but i need 7 digits. please assist. this is for user: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. cannot login to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot login to my computer: cannot login to my computer, forgot password. when i use help they send me 6 digits code but i need 7 digits. please assist. this is for user: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. cannot login to my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot login to Surface wont accept username and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot login to Surface wont accept username and password: I have checked the username and password at Microsoft accounts and it is correct. So how can I remove this logon issue and get it right. How can I bypass this login Thanks Wayne...
  6. I cannot login to my account.

I cannot login to my account.: I'm not fully understanding the problem at hand but I can't login to my account on my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop. I was able to login last night to my main account but I tried this morning and it booted me to a local only account....
  7. I cannot login into my administrator account

I cannot login into my administrator account: I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I try to open the control panel to press "Change account type" I get confronted with a message that says put admin user and...
  8. I cannot login with my PIN anymore

I cannot login with my PIN anymore: I cannot log in with my pin anymore for some reason.. When I try to create new one it recognizes my previous pin, but it doesn't create a new PIN for some reason. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I went through the administrative template and enable pin login and it still doesn't work. I...
  9. Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!: I just got my surface laptop (1st gen) yesterday and this morning at school i tried logging in and it claimed to not be able to recognize my face. It then told me my only option now was to use my pin. It then says “pin is no longer available” because of a change in my...
  10. I cannot login my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot login my Microsoft account: I don’t see a page to sing in my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-login-my-microsoft-account/46fe3d4c-46b9-4cd5-b72c-f299d44ee2ff"